Chapter Thirteen: It's Okay To Cry

"It's okay, sometimes it's okay to cry

"It's okay, sometimes it's okay to cry. You don't always have to be strong, there are also times when you need to let it out." -Zubair Hassan, FH.

CHAPTER THIRTEEN: It's Okay To Cry

Third Person

She stopped breathing the moment she heard the words 'Long lost brother', come out of his mouth. Amara and Hamid looked at each other, both feeling the same kind of confusion and shock. "Look, before you guys go crazy just hear him out-" Before Zakariya could finish his sentence, Amara cut in as anger ran through every bone in her body. "Why? So we could hear someone we never even met claim to be our brother? I'm sorry but do you have any proof? I'm sure you if you were our brother we would've known about you. And you," She turned to Zakariya with nothing but fire in her eyes. "How the hell are we suppose to believe anything you say!? You're nothing but a liar and a coward who runs away from his problems instead of facing them! So please do not come here and try to convince us of anything! Or at least me because I assure that I will never buy it!" She fumed as tears started coming from her eyes. She never felt anger like this in her life until now. This is all too much, she thought to herself as the tears she tried so hard to fight back, came flowing like a river.

"You have every right to be mad at me, I regret what I did and I always will. But there's something else you guys have to know. Amir, finish what you were saying." Zak insisted. The twins stared directly at Amir as they waited for him to continue.

"My dad I mean our dad, was the one who insisted for me and Zak to come and talk to you guys. He wants us to convince you guys to come and talk to him-" This time it was Hamid who cut in. "What do you mean talk to him!? He hasn't even tried to contact us for years! Years!! And now he suddenly wants us to come and talk to him!? Hell no! He doesn't even have the guts to come and talk to us directly so he sent you two? Tell him that we'll never talk to him, he could just live his life and we'll live ours." Hamid grabbed his sisters hand and started walking away. The two boys started calling after them but they wouldn't listen, but who could blame them? Life was already complicated for them but now it's way more complicated than before.

"Hamid..." Amara said softly as more tears started leak from her eyes. Hamid turned around and hugged his sister because that was the only thing he could do for her right now. That was the only way they could comfort each other. "Do you want to just ditch the museum and go somewhere?" He suggested. Amara nodded slowly, she knew she couldn't let her friends see her in this condition. They both walked the opposite direction of their hotel and went to the nearest store.

The whole entire time Amara couldn't help but escape into her own little world.

"Abi,  min fadlak! (Dad, Please!) don't do this! Don't continue to drink!"