Chapter Twenty Five: Graduation

"We stuck through the hard times for 4 years and now here we are, leaving high school behind us and stepping into the future

"We stuck through the hard times for 4 years and now here we are, leaving high school behind us and stepping into the future." -Amara Abdullahi, FH.

CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE: Graduation
Third Person

Ahmed sighed as he looked at himself in the mirror. Like the past couple of days, he had bags underneath his eyes because of the lack of sleep he's been getting lately. When he found out about what happened to Amara he couldn't stop worrying. After everything that went down he still cares a lot for his friend. A thought came to his mind which made him feel depressed and hurt all over again. She doesn't feel the same way about you Ahmed, he thought to himself. You need to let her go, those words couldn't stop echoing in his head. He finally got off of his bed and into the rest room to make wudhu.

After washing up, he walked back into his room and prayed fajr. At that moment he forgot about everything on his mind and focused on Allah. Even when he felt empty, turning to Allah made him feel whole once again. After he was done with his prayer he made a silent dua. "Ya Allah please help me figure out if what I'm doing is the right thing..." He prayed and then got up. At that moment he was sure that what he was doing was right.

He finally knows what he wants to do after thinking long and hard about it. His mind is made up and there's no way he's changing it. He rushed downstairs where his parents were talking.

"Mom, dad. I need to speak with you about something." He said as he walked towards them.

"What is it, honey?" His mom asked with concern evident in her tone.

I want to go back to Europe." He waited for their reactions nervously. He knows what he's doing is right for him. It's something that he's been contemplating for the past several months and now he was sure that this is what he wanted. This time he doesn't want to think about how his actions will effect others. This time he's thinking of himself and what's good for him.

This time he chooses not to get hurt.

* * *

Zubair Hassan

I still can't believe that she wants to marry me. I can't believe that the girl that I once thought of as broken hearted, who couldn't stand my guts, wants me. To say that I'm surprised is a total understatement. "It's settled then!" My mom cheered as she gave Amara a hug. Hamid walked up to me and slung his arm over my shoulder. I couldn't help but smile at the whole scene. Allah has been planning this all along.

"Bro we're going to be in-laws!" Hamid exclaimed.

"Eh, I always thought of you as a brother anyways." I responded with a chuckle. I turned to look at her and noticed she was looking at me the whole time. The moment our eyes locked, she quickly looked away as if she were embarrassed she was caught staring.