Chapter Eight: Car Washes, Water Fights & Promises

"I want her to smile again like she did at the car wash, I want her to be happy

"I want her to smile again like she did at the car wash, I want her to be happy." -Ahmed Abdulrahman, FH.

CHAPTER EIGHT: Car Washes, Water Fights & Promises
Amara Abdullahi

Today was Ahmed's first day of school so Amelia and I took it upon ourselves to help him settle in. "It's fine I don't need help. You guys can go, I got this." Ahmed said reassuringly as he looked at his new schedule. "Are you sure?" I asked him. He nodded his head in response as he flashed me a quick smile. There go the butterflies again, I mentally groaned. "I'm sure, you guys can go to class." He stated as he gently pushed both Amelia and I.

"Fine but don't tell mom that I didn't try to help you." Amelia replied as she walked down the hall to her class. I should probably go too, Mr. Miller is probably going to throw a fit if I'm late. "See ya!" I yelled over my shoulder and stormed off to my first period class too. As I walked in I sat in my normal desk and began to put my stuff down.

"Did you guys see that hot new guy today? Oh my God he's gorgeous." A group of girls behind me whispered."Yeah, he was hanging out with that Amara girl right? Why are all the cute guys always around her? First Zubair and now Him? It's just not fair!" They continued to scowl my way. I just rolled my eyes at them and turned away. It's not that I want them around me, trust me I'd like to stay away from Kenny. Not that I have anything against him, I mean for the most part he isn't that bad. Although he was acting a little strange at Ahmed's 'Welcome Back' party. Like he didn't want to be there. If he didn't want to be there than why did he say yes to helping set up? I just don't get him sometimes.

Although something about him seems so oddly familiar like I knew him before I even met him just a couple of months ago... His face and his distinctive features, they all resemble someone that I met a long time ago. I just don't know if that person was him or not, you know? I must be losing my mind.

"Hey."

I turned around and saw him sit in the seat beside me. He looked tired, well then again who doesn't on a Monday morning? I sent a small smile to him and buried my head in my arms as I closed my eyes. I might as well rest before Mr.Miller comes in. "Okay class I have some exciting news!" A very happy Mr.Miller said as he entered the classroom. My head quickly snapped up along with some other students.

"So we are having a car wash this Sunday to help raise money to go on our annual trip to Europe this year! Anyone interested has to help with the car wash in order to go on the trip." He said with a smile on his face. I completely forgot about that trip... everyone already signed up for it. The only boring part is that it's an educational trip but we still get to see beautiful sights like the Eiffel Tower. It's for two weeks and Amelia and I already buddied up to be roommates. I honestly can not wait for the trip! Just to be away from any worries for two whole weeks, to be able to see new things and experience stuff I've never been able to before is enough to make me want to jump up and down.