Chapter One - "Something's Wrong Here..."

Tenten growled and rubbed her chin, glancing at the person who was her teammate.

He rolled his eyes and said, "You should've expected that, Tenten. Maybe you should just go home and rest. After all, that's all you're ever good at doing."

"I don't take orders from the likes of you!!" She barked, picking up one of her discarded katana and running straight for him.

He waited until the last second to step to the side before attacking her side. Tenten rolled, but not fast enough, and ended up on the ground, gritting her teeth as she fought a cry.

'Every day,' she thought, holding her side, 'every day he's like this. Why Kami? Why do you hate me so?'

She stumbled as she stood up, eventually turning to him to see a smug grin on his face. She couldn't take anymore and started to cry.

"You're an asshole, Neji! That's all you'll ever be! Die; go somewhere and die!!"

Her rant was short, as were her breaths, and she felt like her words were wasted once more.

Neji scoffed and said, "I think if I keep hanging around you, I might just die of boredom." Tenten screamed out moments before stomping away from the training grounds. She had to, enable to get away from Neji.

If anything, she wished that he was more considerate, but as of that moment, she started not to care anymore.

As she walked further into the woods, she felt dizzy. Before she could call out for help, darkness took over, causing her to pass out.

~

At the same time in the opposite side of the universe, Tenten was eye to eye with Neji, never giving him a second to breathe.

When he moved, so did she, and she used his blind spot too, which all but irritated him.

Eventually, they stopped to take a break, and Neji was aching all over. Tenten, just as sore, giggled softly and said, "It's been a while since we sparred like that."

"Hn," was his reply.

Moments later, he drank water from his canteen before saying, "Indeed. But you need to work on your defense a little more." Tenten nodded slightly to that. A few more silent moments passed before Tenten said, "So, got any plans for this weekend?"

Neji raised an eyebrow as he said, "Eat, rest, meditate, train. No different from last week."

"Well," Tenten said, fiddling with her fingers and smiling at him, "have you ever thought about going out to do something? I mean, I know you're not really the type to go out or anything, but you might actually like it."

Neji considered for a moment, and then shook his head. "Sorry Tenten," he said, standing up, "but I'll pass. You enjoy yourself, however."

He gave her a slight smile before turning and walking away from the training grounds.

Tenten waited for Neji to be out of earshot and flung several kunai at a post.

'He didn't even realize I was batting my eyelashes at him.'

She sighed and rolled her eyes.

'Of course,' she thought, 'it wouldn't matter anyways; he'd never find someone like me attractive.'

Tenten threw a few more kunai before picking all of them up and sealing them in a scroll. Sighing, Tenten took off deeper into the woods to try and find a piece of mind. When she got to a certain area, she turned her head to find her body on the ground.