Chapter Ten - "You're drunk, and I'm Sober."

Neji couldn't believe it.

Before him stood a tall, skinny Choji, studying Neji very closely as he circled him.

Ino and Shikamaru looked on curiously, glancing at a nervous Tenten and a stone-faced Hinata.

'I must be dreaming,' Neji thought as he glanced around, 'There's no way these are my comrades.'

Choji suddenly stopped short and said, "Very peculiar. You haven't bothered to glare at me yet."
"Why would I?" Neji asked flatly.
"The Neji I know personally tends to hate being stared at. Quite the hypocrite."

Neji chuckled at that and said, "You aren't far wrong about that. I don't care for being studied all that much either."

"It's quite clear you aren't the Neji we've all come to know," Choji continued, "It's impossible to think that you are a different Neji, but not completely impossible. We did have a few intruders here at one time... Gave Menma a good beating."

Shikamaru laughed but quieted down when Hinata glared at him.

Neji said, "Naruto's good at beating sense into someone until they realize what is. It happened to me. You all must've had trouble with his Menma character."

"You could say that," Menma said softly, stepping into the area of the library they were in. Neji turned his head to Menma and said, "I can see why Tenten pointed you out differently from the other Naruto." Menma smirked softly before going blank again.

"How did you get here?" he asked.

Neji sighed and said, "I don't have any idea how. All I know is that when we approached ourselves, the world went dark shortly after."

Menma frowned softly before saying, "That doesn't sound normal. Tell you what, you two get rest tonight, and all of us will make our way towards the area you two passed out in. Does that sound doable?"

Tenten nodded mutely and Neji said, "Not a problem, Menma."

~

Tenten threw a bottle up against the wall, watching as it shattered into dozens of pieces. She then hiccupped and sobbed as she collapsed on her bed.

Stupid, stupid Neji...'

She wiped her eyes, struggling to stay awake as her anger came and went due to the alcohol in her system. Tenten gripped the bed-sheets, pulling on them as she lifted herself onto bed. Her cries were muffled by the blanket as she cried into them.

Tenten had never felt so out of control in her life.

But with her living room a mess and both Neji angry and the other stuck on the other side, she couldn't help herself. Tenten gritted her teeth in anger.

Tenten hollered out, "How dare he?! How dare he take my first kiss and t-t-touch me!! I'll make him pay for that!! I'll kill him!!!"

"It's all I deserve," a voice replied, catching a stumbling Tenten off guard.

She turned her head to find Neji walking towards her carefully. She glared at him and snapped, "Stay away from me! You've done enough damage as it is!"

Neji held his hands up and said, "I'm not here to start anything. I came back to apologize. You're right; I have done enough damage. And unfortunately, I keep causing damage. But, I want to stop that tonight. I don't want you to hate me, Tenten."

Tenten cried a little more before rubbing her eyes and saying, "I just want *hic!* my Neji back. I want this nightmare to be *hic!* over. I just want to be loved."