Chapter Two - "I had a sudden realization!"

Tenten groaned and sat up slightly, feeling the events of yesterday wear down on her body.

She also remembered that she and her sheets were stinking, so she quickly got out of bed. She made her way into the shower and washed herself, letting the hot water pour down on her aches and pains.

Once satisfied, she turned the water off and get out of the shower, getting dressed in a pink t-shirt and black shorts, and proceeded to clean out her sheets and pillow cases. She then got a quick bite of Chinese buns.

While the laundry was running, Tenten decided to lie on her mattress and get another hour or two of sleep.

She closed her eyes and started to drift, until she heard a knock on her door.

Tenten groaned softly and got off her bed, walking towards the front door. She opened it to find Ino and Sakura... Only, they weren't Ino and Sakura.

Sakura's hair was down as usual, but she was wearing a classic pink t-shirt, and a skirt that stopped at her knees. And as for Ino, she had one eye covered as usual, but her hair was tied almost like Neji's, and she wore a normal purple t-shirt and a long skirt that was a lighter shade of purple.

Both of them seemed shy, and when they both looked at Tenten, their mouths almost dropped. Tenten almost made the same move, but she figured it was some type of joke, so she said, "Very funny you two. Nice looks by the way."

Ino and Sakura looked at each other before Ino asked, "Tenten? Is that you?"

~

Tenten felt paranoid.

Neji had insisted that he stay the night with her, but Tenten didn't trust his motives, and told him to leave.

He acted neutral about it when she thought he would reply angrily. She almost didn't get a wink of sleep that night.

When she woke up, she placed her clothes in a hamper before walking into the bathroom to shower. She accidentally burned her arm when the water became too hot. And when she got out, she tripped and bumped her elbow hard up against the wall.

To make matters worse, when she tried to get dressed, she ended up ripping a new hole in a perfectly good shirt.

Tenten sighed as she pricked her finger a few times, doing her best to focus on sewing up the hole. When she was finished, she placed band-aids on her fingers before trying to make something to eat.

Tenten tried to make Chinese buns, but became so busy with the eggs that she forgot about them. In the end, both the buns and eggs burned, so she tossed them and prepared to go out to eat. As she slipped on her shoes, someone knocked on the door.

Tenten leaned up and hesitantly unlocked the door and found Neji and Lee standing there.

Tenten made a face of disgust before giving a weird smile.

"Tenten," Lee said, "Neji told me you weren't feeling well yesterday, so I just had to get up and check on you!"

"I told him that he'd just spread the cold he has," murmured Neji, sighing softly.

Tenten didn't say anything for a moment, but eventually mustered up the courage to speak. "I'm fine. I was just about to go out and eat. Late breakfast didn't go well."

"Well come and eat with us!" Lee exclaimed. Neji shook his head and said, "I don't know about that, Lee." "Aww, come on!!" Lee pleaded.

Tenten shivered and said, "Fine. It's been a while since we ate together anyways..." Neji raised an eyebrow but said nothing.