Chapter Eight - "He's MY Neji!!!"

Okay, so we're doing things a little bit different in this one. I decided to make POVS, because it was just easier and less confusing. If you see a character's name underlined while in a certain POV like "Tenten", they mean the character from the other universe. Sorry, it was the best I could do. I also wanted to say that I didn't expect this story to go on as long as it did. Don't expect the chapters to go on and on, because this is more or less a halfway point. Enjoy.

Tenten POV

I took a step back, and Neji grabbed my arm. I wanted to yank myself away from him, away from the image in front of me.

I wanted to cry, to scream; anything to get rid of the pain swelling in my chest. I didn't know what to think, and based on how quiet Neji was, neither did he.

I looked back over at them, over at the Neji I grew up with and my copy; my other self.

Neji was smart.

He knew at this point that it wasn't me. But if that was the case then why?

Why were they kissing?

Why was he embracing her?

I overheard him say, "Quit saying you're not the other Tenten. You both are the same, you hear? I love you and I won't hurt you. I never will. We'll get through this together, alright?"

The other me smiled and leaned up to kiss him once more. I opened my mouth to say something, but the Neji standing next to me opened his mouth first.

Neji AU POV

"So, you've abandoned her, then?" I caught them off guard; the shock made it evident. I was angrier than I needed to be, but seeing the girl next to me break down, I almost lost all my composure.

Tenten quickly moved herself from my other self's arms and said, "N-Neji? No, that's impossible."

The Tenten next to me gripped her shoulder, forcing herself to have a stone face. But it was all too clear that she was falling apart. The other Neji went from shocked to furious in seconds, and he stalked towards me with murderous intent.

I would've done the same had Tenten not stepped in front of me.

"Don't," she said, her voice breaking. The other Neji seemed to be confused. "Tenten, you've been with him long enough to know who he is. You shouldn't be defending him."

"And you've been with her long enough to know she isn't me," Tenten spat out, "What's your point, Neji?"

"My point is that he's dangerous. Get away from him."

~

Neji POV

"If that's the case, then get away from her."

I couldn't believe it.

She was defending him, even though she knew that he was truly a bastard; a man that needed to be put in place.

Yet there she stayed, seemingly content in defending him. "Tenten," I pressed, "has he told you what he's done to her exactly? Do you even know how cruel he is?"

"He's as cruel as you were when you were younger," she said, clearly angry, "But he's also confessed about more than one thing. It's true; I don't know what he's done. But I believe my vote counts when I say I can forgive him."