Chapter Sixteen - "I Will Defend You."

Remember, when you see something underlined, it means that there are characters from both worlds in the same area. The only exception is Menma.

WARNING: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS ABUSIVE METHODS AND HARRASSING FOR A SHORT TIME. If you are very sensitive, then be aware and be wary. Viewer Discretion is Advised.

Don't say I didn't warn you.

~

Hinata blinked, disbelieving what she had just witnessed.

Tenten had run through the barrier in a panic, only to disappear. She didn't know if her comrade was dead or unconscious, but she wasn't about to sit tight and wait for anyone to show up.

She stalked toward the barrier angrily and said, "You all wait for me! All this waiting is pissing me off and Tenten could be dead for all we know!!"

The shinobi gulped, not really wanting to stop her or convince her otherwise.

Even Choji, who felt they should sit tight and wait, wasn't going to stop her. "Be careful," he said in a worried tone.

She scowled and said, "I'll bring Neji's ass back over here myself if I have to. But if she's alive, then Tenten needs help."

Not speaking another word, Hinata walked close to the barrier, feeling dizzy but no way in hell passing out.

Not if she could help it.

She stood, her body becoming numb and light. 'Focus,' she thought as her vision started to blur. She felt herself rise and fall, even though her body didn't move. Hinata could barely keep her eyes open before she suddenly found herself on the other side.

Grunting slightly, she fell to her knees.

"Hinata!!" Ino cried out.

"Hinata," Kiba called, "Are you alright?!"

She nodded shakily, slowly getting to her feet. "I'm fine. I have to go. Keep your guard up, please."

A few shinobi nodded, turning around and getting in a stance. Hinata breathed in heavily before walking forward, activating her Byakugan to find the source of the clapping.

Nothing.

There was no one around.

'Impossible,' she thought.

Then she saw it; a figure that looked like herself.

She blinked back her surprise, getting in a stance. "I see you, fake! Get your ass over here and get a proper beating!!"

The clone appeared before her, getting in the same kind of stance. Hinata's eyes narrowed. "So be it, you son of a bitch."

"You should know," the clone cooed, "for you and I are the same."

Hinata snarled and attacked her replica, overpowering the clone quickly and without warning. "She" had not expected Hinata's anger to rise so quickly, nor did "she" expect her to attack "her" so soon.

Hinata slammed the clone back, running towards the clone and tripping it. She then slammed the clone down on the ground and took its head off - literally - and made several holes inside the body.

It fell, lifeless as a soft thud echoed in the air. Hinata huffed and snarled softly. "As I expected..."

"Hinata's" body reformed into its original Zetsu body. An eyebrow rose on Hinata's face. Why would the Ataksuki be involved? They simply worked for money and sometimes justice.