"I'm Home..."

Remember: Underlined Means AU

~

Behind them, the same was happening. Thinking quickly, Neji backed up a good distance, close to where the ground was breaking behind him.

Tenten whimpered and held onto him tight. Neji smiled down at her softly as he said, "Hold on tight and keep those beautiful eyes on me." She looked up at him, blushing as he smirked.

Neji had backed up as well, saying, "This might get us all killed."

"What will?" Tenten asked in a panicked tone. She then glanced at Neji's stance and said, "Neji, we'll never make it!"

The ground started to crack under them. Neji said, "We don't have a choice. I'm not going to let you die, Tenten. Neither of you."

"I second that," Neji said, beginning to sprint as fast as he could. The other followed suit, just as the ground turned to dust under him. Tenten clung tightly to Neji as he ran, unable to look away from the incoming abyss.

Lee turned and said, "They're going to need our help!!"

"Sai, we need a rope, now!!" Menma demanded. With a swipe of his paintbrush, a long rope formed, then another. Lee wrapped the rope around to where it swung into the other portal.

Lee grabbed it with trembling hands. Behind him stood Choji, then Hinata, who were ready to help pull if needed.

Being the other Lee stood Sakura and Naruto. Both Shikamarus got on their knees, hands clasped together, ready to grab their teammates. Both Hyuga males glanced at each other before glancing at those they held.

There was only one shot at it; only one chance to get them home safely.

Neji demanded, "Tenten, when I tell you, jump!!" "Are you insane?!" She retorted. "What-! What if-!!"

"Trust him like you trust me!" Neji said, clinging to Tenten as they neared the edge. Before they could jump, the ground fell under them, causing them to jump.

Tenten screamed and clung on tight, but Neji said, "Let go and jump!!" She wanted to look at him like he was crazy, but she didn't have to. Before she knew it, she was flying in the air, passing her counterpart as she landed in Neji's arms.

Tenten cried out as she reached for Neji, but their grasp was slipping. "Neji!! Neji, please!!" she shrieked, tears dripping down her face. Neji was barely hanging onto the ink rope as it was, each tug his teammates made only further serving to help him let go.

"I'm sorry Tenten," Neji said softly, his grip tightening on hers as his fingers started to slip.

He kept his eyes on hers the whole time. "I'm not letting go anymore." Tenten sobbed, opening her mouth to tell him how much she loved him, when the ink rope snapped, sending both of them towards certain death.

A shadow suddenly wrapped around their bodies as they were pulled up. Her arms clung to him as much as her lips did.

Tenten felt more tears slip from her eyes as they barely escaped their end.

Neji had grabbed onto the ink rope as he and Tenten climbed up. She then broke into tears of relief as she saw the other two being lifted from the dark pit.

But it wasn't over yet. Something resembling a loud slam was nearing them, turning anything left into matter.

Lee looked wide eyed and yelled, "Pull!!!" Hinata and Choji pulled hard once Neji gripped the rope; Shikamaru's shadows helping to bring them up.