Chapter Five - "Not Sure If Starting To Like You Or..."

Tenten woke up to the smell of something sweet.

Her eyes opened and she sat up slowly, wondering where the smell came from. She then remembered where she was and recalled when Neji held her all night.

It almost felt like a dream.

She got up and walked to her dresser, changing from her nightgown to a red undershirt and black shorts. Tenten walked out of the bedroom and into the living room, where the smell grew.

Someone was cooking in the kitchen, no doubt.

Tenten walked in and saw Neji at the stove. He was wearing a white apron and had two plates set out on the table. Before Tenten could utter a word, he said softly, "Good morning. I figured you'd get up by now."

Tenten smiled slightly before saying, "You could've waked me up to help."

"It is alright," he replied, turning and dumping the pan's contents onto the plates. It was basic rice and chicken.

"The buns are almost done. Have a seat."

She nodded and did what she was told. Moments later, he placed two buns on each of their plates and sitting down moments later. Tenten smiled at him and said, "Thank you. This is the first time anyone has done it for me."

He nodded and smiled softly at her, digging into his plate with his fork. Tenten did the same, and they ate in blissful silence. Halfway done with her plate, she asked with a slightly full mouth, "This is really good Neji. You must cook often."

He smiled and said, "Not as often as I would like."

Tenten gulped her food down and asked, "What do you mean? Don't you cook for the other me often? I mean, it seems like you do; you knew where everything was."

Neji's smile slowly faded as he said, "I've never cooked anything for her. I never got the chance to. She'd always tell me to sit down and let her handle it. I knew how tired she was when she cooked for the team, but she never complained." "Oh," Tenten replied, feeling a bit uncomfortable.

Neji smiled at her and said, "Don't worry about it. Eat your food so we can go enjoy our day." Tenten smiled and continued eating. Deep down though, she noticed a longing in Neji's voice, and in some way, it made her feel sad.

And she didn't understand why.

It wasn't like she was feeling anything for this Neji.

'Am I?'

~

"Hey sunshine, daylight won't last forever. Get up."

Tenten opened her eyes and looked up at Neji, who was hovering over her. She groaned and pushed him away from her, sitting up and yawning.

Neji got off the bed and said, "You're a deep sleeper, you know that?" She said, "Yeah, I've been told that by the other you before."

Neji scoffed before saying, "So, Tenten, what's the plan for today?" "Well, I was planning on doing something, but I won't be doing it anymore," she replied. He asked, "And what would that be?" "Go and hangout with you yesterday," she said, sighing, "But you waved me off the day before yesterday, so I thought I might try again today."

Neji blinked before saying, "So he said no for yesterday, so you assumed he'd say no today?"

Tenten shrugged softly and said, "Besides, it's a fruitless point. You're not the Neji I know, and you'd just reject me again."