Chapter Seven - "I Want You."

'Just tell her, Neji. Say it out loud, just tell her the truth.'

Neji rubbed his forehead as he walked towards her apartment.

There was no doubt that he was going to tell her; he just needed the strength to. As her apartment door came into sight, Neji wondered just what he could say to her.

He didn't want her to be upset or confused, but the only way he could think of saying it was the straightforward way.

He made it up to her door and knocked a few times. She opened it and said, "Oh, hey Neji. I'm glad you came over. I was actually planning on coming to get you. Come in."

She stepped aside and he walked in. She closed the door and smiled at him with uncertainty, asking, "What brings you here?" He looked at her and lost the composure to tell her.

She looked at him and took a step forward.

Neji impulsively took a step back and regretted it.

Tenten sighed softly and said, "I know I'm not your Tenten... I'm not all that strong and I'm still scared of you. But I am worried as well. If this is something about last night, just tell me."

Neji looked away, almost caught up in thought.

Finally, he said softly, "It's..Nothing too important. I just wanted to check the area where you passed out. Maybe we'd find more clues as to how you got switched."

"Oh." Disappointment swelled in her throat, but she held back on saying anything about it. Instead, she said, "I really hope there is something there that could clue us on why I can't get back home."

"Indeed," he replied, "You said you were planning on leaving to find me. What for, if I may ask?"

Tenten stammered a little before saying, "Ah, I uh, was going to ask you the same. I-I figured if we looked together, we might not miss anything. That's all."

"I see." Neji wasn't convinced at all, but he couldn't force her into saying anything.

After a moment, Neji said, "Well, whenever you're ready, Tenten."

She smiled slightly and said, "Just give me a moment to collect my scrolls."

She turned and walked to her bedroom, shutting the door moments later. She then gripped her stomach gently.

'I couldn't tell him...'

She sighed heavily and grabbed the scrolls on her table.

'I need to tell him.'

After putting the scrolls in her pouch, she turned around and opened the door, walking out and greeting Neji with a smile.

'I can't tell him...'

~

Neji's head felt like several bricks were thrown at him.

He groaned and sat upright, finding himself on Tenten's bed.

He tried to recall the events of last night. He remembered trying to drown his thoughts in alcohol. His footsteps were pacing towards his home, but he somehow found himself at Tenten's front doorstep.

She let him in willingly, which was a first.

Of course, that wasn't his Tenten, he reminded himself.

Neji carefully stood up and walked outside of her bedroom, and found that she was cooking in the kitchen. Tenten was humming softly and stirring something in a small pot.