The Rise of Dumbledore's Army

"That foul, evil gargoyle!" Hermione fumed as she paced up and down the Gryffindor common room

"That foul, evil gargoyle!" Hermione fumed as she paced up and down the Gryffindor common room. They were the only ones in the warm, safe dorm. "We're not learning how to defend ourselves. We're not learning how to pass our O.W.L's. . . . she's basically taking over the entire school!" 

Hermione was interrupted, however, when Cornelius Fudge's voice came through the small radio. Finally, Sera had enough and turned it off. 

Of course, the Ministry was going to blame Sirius Black for every little thing that happened. As if it was her godfather's fault, which it was not. But she was lucky, however, when a voice interrupted her thoughts. 

"Sera, Harry!" 

"Sirius!" Harry breathed. 

They immediately began to gather around the fire, listening intently of what he was about to say. 

"What are you doing here?" Sera asked, amazed. 

"Answering your brother's letter, of course," Sirius answered in a 'duh' kind of voice, acting as though it was a bit obvious. "Harry, you said that you're worried about Umbridge. What is she teaching you? Is she teaching you how to kill half-breeds?" 

"No," Harry answered, his voice laced with anxiety. "Sirius, she's — she's not letting us use magic!" 

"At all!" Sera added in frustration. 

Sirius let out a disappointed sigh, though he didn't seem to be surprised. "Well, I'm not surprised. The latest intelligence is that Cornelius Fudge doesn't want you training for combat."

"Combat?" Sera echoed, her eyebrows furrowed.

"Combat? He thinks that we're going to be creating a wizarding army to go against him?" Dante scoffed, rolling his eyes. "That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard of, if my suspicions are correct." 

"You're right, Dante. That's exactly what he thinks is going to happen. He's worried that young students like you five will be able to overthrow the Ministry and have Hogwarts rule over the Wizarding World instead."

"But that's just crazy!" Sera exclaimed. "I mean, Hogwarts is a school. Not a place where us teenagers can go and rule the entire Wizarding World. That's outrageous!" 

"But there's more," Sirius insisted. "He thinks that Dumbledore is plotting to go against him to take over the Ministry. He's becoming more paranoid by the minute! The others wouldn't want me to tell you this, Sera and Harry, because they don't want the two of you to worry. But things aren't going so well in the Order right now. Fudge is blocking the truth at every turn, and these disappearances are just how it started before with the first Wizarding World. Twins? Voldemort is on the move."

That was not the news Sera had wanted to hear, but she had expected it. She gave her godfather a look of defeat. 

"Well, what else can we do to help?" she asked, defeated. "I mean, I'd like to help the Order in some way, despite the fact that we're so far away from Grimmauld Place."