Chapter 61: Green Eyed Secrets

As they drove towards their destination, Mon couldn't shake the curiosity nagging at her. "Hey, Sam, who were you talking to on the phone earlier?" She inquired, her tone gentle but insistent.

Sam's grip on the steering wheel tightened, a flicker of unease crossing her face. "Oh, it was just a call for work," she replied, her voice strained.

Mon furrowed his brow, sensing her evasion. "Work? But it didn't sound like a work call," she pressed, her concern growing.

Sam's jaw tensed, her frustration bubbling to the surface. "Look, Mon, it's nothing important," she snapped, her tone defensive. "Can we just drop it?"

Throughout the journey, a cloud of silence enveloped Mon, her mood soured by Sam's evasiveness regarding the phone call. She sulked quietly, her thoughts consumed by unanswered questions.

When they finally arrived, Mon marched ahead to join their friends, her arms crossed tightly in front of her, a silent testament to her displeasure. She left Sam lingering behind, her heart sinking at the distance between them.

With a heavy sigh, Sam trailed after Mon, her steps weighed down by the weight of their unresolved tension, longing for the chance to bridge the growing divide between them.

"Hey, Mon, everything okay?" Jim asked, noticing the somber expression etched on Mon's face as she approached.

Mon shrugged nonchalantly, attempting to mask her frustration. "Yeah, I'm fine," she muttered, though her tone betrayed her inner turmoil.

Jim eyed her skeptically, sensing something amiss. "You sure? You seem a bit off," she pressed, concern lacing her words.

Mon glanced towards Sam, who stood a few steps behind her, her own demeanor subdued. "Just a rough day," she replied vaguely, unwilling to divulge the source of her discontent.

Tee chimed in with a mischievous grin, "Well, well, well, what do we have here? Looks like a lover's quarrel to me!"

Mon's cheeks flushed with embarrassment, shooting Tee a playful glare. "It's nothing like that," she insisted, though her tone lacked conviction.

Tee raised an eyebrow, her grin widening. "Uh-huh, sure it isn't," she teased, earning a chuckle from the rest of the group as they exchanged knowing glances.

Kade couldn't resist a teasing remark. "Hey Sam, what did you do to Mon this time?" she quipped, a playful twinkle in her eye.

Sam hesitated, her mind racing as she debated whether to reveal the truth. "Um, it's nothing," she muttered, her voice trailing off uncertainly.

Mon's annoyance simmered beneath the surface as she interjected, "Sam was on the phone earlier. Said it was for work," she added with a pointed look.

Yuki couldn't resist adding fuel to the fire with a sly grin. "Aw, Mon, feeling a bit jealous, are we?" she teased, earning a chuckle from the others as they joined in on the playful banter.

Jim joined in on the teasing, a playful glint in her eyes. "So, Sam, was it really for work?" she asked, her tone lighthearted but curious.

Sam shifted uncomfortably under the spotlight, her cheeks flushing with embarrassment. "Uh, yeah, it was," she insisted, though her response lacked conviction.

Mon raised an eyebrow skeptically, her irritation evident. "Sure didn't sound like work," she muttered, her tone tinged with skepticism.

The group erupted into laughter, enjoying the playful exchange as they teased Sam and Mon mercilessly.

Tee leaned in with a grin, nudging Sam playfully. "Come on, spill the beans, Sam. We won't judge," she teased, her tone coaxing.

Kade chimed in, adding her voice to the chorus of teasing. "Yeah, spill it, Sam. The truth always comes out," she teased, her eyes dancing with amusement.