LII.

I have to beg Jaz to take me home after the race ends because I don’t want to stay for the ‘after party.’

He tells me to first say goodbye to Jackson but I refuse, fearing he will force me to stay.

After much persuasion from me, and failed attempts to make me stay from her, Jaz finally agrees to drive me home.

When I get home, the lingering tension from the motorcycle race slowly dissipates. I’m eager to wash away the remnants of the day, both physically and mentally. Hastily, I make my way to the bathroom, craving the cleansing power of a hot shower to wash away the adrenaline and unease that still cling to my skin. The water cascades over me, soothing my nerves and bringing a sense of renewal. Steam fills the bathroom, creating a serene atmosphere that calms my racing thoughts. I let the water wash away the remnants of the day, allowing myself a moment of respite before moving forward.

After the shower, I slip into the comfort of my favorite pajamas, their soft fabric embracing me like a gentle hug before I do my night prayers. My mind wanders back to Jackson, knowing full well that he might not be pleased with my departure from Grey Street when he had wanted me there. His authoritative tone and the weight of his instructions linger in my thoughts.

Despite his absence, I recall his words about me sleeping in his bed every day. An odd mixture of apprehension and curiosity tugs at my heartstrings. Unsure of his reaction but wanting to honor his request, I decide to go into his room, my steps hesitant yet purposeful.

The room carries his essence—a blend of leather, musk, and an indescribable air of mystery. I slip under the covers, the sheets cool against my skin. The thought of lying in his bed, even in his absence, stirs a strange mixture of emotions within me.

In the dim darkness, my mind begins to wander, the events of the day replaying in my thoughts like a vivid movie. I recall the intensity of his touch, the electric sensation that coursed through me when his hand rested on my thigh. The memory alone sends a surge of unfamiliar feelings cascading through my being.

My heart quickens as I remember the moment when our eyes locked and he winked at me, a gesture both playful and charged with unspoken meaning. The memory lingers, igniting a spark of something new, something I’ve never experienced before. It’s a combination of desire, intrigue, and a hint of danger that dances on the edge of my consciousness.

Lost in a whirlwind of emotions, I find myself biting my finger, a nervous habit that has surfaced in response to the overwhelming feelings that consume me. I toss and turn in the darkness, the weight of my thoughts and the enigma of Jackson’s presence filling the room.

I have never experienced the feeling he gave me when he touched me. What is that feeling? What does it mean? Why do I have so many mixed feelings about him? And why do I feel so shy when our eyes meet?

The enigmatic allure of Jackson’s touch continues to linger in my mind, leaving me grappling with a cascade of emotions that I’ve never encountered before. Each time I try to define the feeling he evokes within me, it slips through my fingers like an elusive wisp of smoke.

It's a potent mixture of desire and intrigue, a heady cocktail that ignites a fire deep within my core. The touch of his hand on my thigh sent electric currents racing through my veins, awakening a dormant part of my being. It’s a sensation that defies explanation, simultaneously exhilarating and disconcerting. I find myself yearning for more, yet uncertain about the implications of these newfound desires.

Conflicting emotions swirl within me, weaving an intricate tapestry of uncertainty. I’m drawn to Jackson’s enigmatic presence, his commanding aura and the air of authority that surrounds him. But alongside this attraction, there’s an undercurrent of wariness, a hesitance born from the knowledge that he inhabits a world so different from my own.