The party

It had been 3 days since Paul and i kissed at the park and i haven't spoke to him since- we haven't fallen out or anything i just haven't had chance to speak to him, but i think about him and the kiss all the time.
It was quarter to seven when John nocked on the door and i was so nervous because i decided not to tell my Mom about him to avoid an awkward situation, one that was probably about to arrive. when i heard the knock on the door i tried to stay calm and adjusted my hair in he mirror.
'Are we expecting anyone Jade?' Mom called from the lounge.
'Don't know, answer it and see' i replied in my best lying voice. Mom answered he door and there was a silence for a few seconds until i heard Johns voice say 'Hi, i'm John Lennon and i'm here to pick Jade up for the party'
'Oh okay, she didn't mention you...' Mom started as i jumped to the door and nearly tripping.
'Urmm yeah this is John he's a friend, i didn't tell you before now because you would have asked a million questions and i'll be home by eleven.' I said as i walked out of the door and caught Johns gaze.
'Alright then, see you later.' Mom replied a bit shocked and closed the door behind us.
It was inevitable that John was going to ask why i never said anything and i told him honestly and he understood, comparing it to him and his Aunt Mimi whom he lived with. Actually it was nice to have a good conversation with him, almost heart to heart in only a ten minute walk, i really really liked him.
When we arrived at the party the music was already loud and everyone was dancing and we had to push our way through a crowd just to get a drink.
'What would you like Jade?' John asked me but i didn't know what i wanted, if I had orange juice i would look like a prude and if i had alcohol well it would be a first. 'Just orange juice please John' i said and immediately regretting it but he seemed fine with it, he didn't look like he gave it a second thought. We got our drinks and went over to talk to a group of people and then a slow Buddy Holly song came on and everybody began to dance. John offered me a slow dance and i took it. We stood close together had our hands intertwined and i could smell his scent, it was a moment i want to treasure forever. The dance progressed and we were so close now, our chests pressed against one another and my head by his shoulder and then he looked me in the eye and said 'you look beautiful you know' and then our lips met and we emerged into a long meaningful kiss like all the people around us, time stood still.
We danced through the night and i loved every second of it and then i saw Paul for the first time that night sitting alone at the bar with a glass of beer looking in our direction i snook him a kind smile and then went back to dancing until John took me home.
'Thanks John its been a fantastic night' i said as we walked down Forthlin Road hand in hand in the dark. 'Well, i tend to provide fantastic times yes' he said and we both giggled as we approached my driveway. There was a few seconds pause until John pulled me close to him and kissed me gently on the lips then he said 'Jade, will you be my girlfriend?'. I froze for a moment because i had been dreaming of this day and now it was actually happening.
'Of course i will John!' I exclaimed as he pulled me in for a cuddle, i could hear his heart beat and the gentle smell of leather from his jacket. We walked to the front door and my Mom answered wearing a smile that said both i-saw-you-two-kissing and you-are-late-which-means-awkward-questions, but she politely said goodbye to John and let me go to bed without saying more than did you have a good time.