Your Mother should know

It took a while for me to get everything straight in my head and took me almost a week to tell my Mum that i was back with John, much to her disapproval. I plucked up the courage on a thursday after school once i had made her a cup of tea and given her some cakes that i had made earlier in home economics class, 'Mom, have you got a second, i need to tell you something' i shouted upstairs as i put down a coaster and tea on the coffee table with the cakes and i heard Mom walking down, 'what is it honey?' She asked then noticing the little display on the coffee table which made her smile, 'oh Jade this is lovely!' She said as she sat on the sofa next to me giving me a big hug. 'Have you had a nice day Mom?' I said with a friendly smile, 'yes its been alright thank you. So whats with all this?' Mom asked a bit suspiciously as i offered her a fairy cake and she took one as i began to speak, ' Mom you know how you wanted me to let you into my life a but more' i said looking down at the floor. 'Yes' she said in a drawn out way, 'well thats what i'm trying to do now, so here we go' then i paused for a second and continued 'Mom, i'm back with John, John Lennon, Paul and I are over' which was greeted with a glare but Mom remained pretty calm. 'Oh, you know how i feel about him but i've come to realise that you are growing up now so you can make your own decisions and if that means you date a rebellious teddy boy then so be it. Just make sure you are safe and tell me where you go and when you will be back' Mom said and leaned in to give me a hug much to my surprise. 'I will' i said as she hugged me tighter and then let me go upstairs to do my homework.