Chapter 26: Burying The Hatchet

Let the redemption begin, and what better way to start than by mending things with people (or in this case trolls) from your past   

*English text                                                                               * Trollish text 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bular was happily playing with Borhart in his arms after Kanjigar left a few hours ago when he heard a familar voice calling out for him... a voice he hasn't heard from in 900 years.

" You're looking better... it has been a long time ... has it" 

Bular was surprised to see Aaarrrgghh as the second troll that has visited him. He was even more surprised to see that Aaarrrgghh doesn't have any fear in his eyes at all as he watched the Krubera Troll taking the seat across from his bed. Bular could tell that Aaarrrgghh was just as nervous as he was at the reunion, Aaarrrgghh always had the habit of speaking trollish when he was nervous ever since they were whelps...

"It has been a long time indeed... how have things been going with Borhart ever since I... I... I left Borhart in your and Blinky's care"   

" He's good.... he's gotten healthier ...but he missed you..."

Bular felt his heart ache as he held Borhart closer to his chest. Borhart just stared into Bular's eyes filled with love ... Bular Didn't want to admit it but he felt guilty for abandoning Borhart the same way his birth mother did to him and thought that Borhart wouldn't want to see him again. And yet here he was happy to see him... his papa.

Bular and Aaarrrgghh  shared a long moment of silence between each other as the two tried to figure out how to keep the conversation going until Borhart started crying for a diaper change. Bular tried to get up to change his son's diaper only to groan in pain from his injuries. Aaarrrgghh went over to Bular's side and helped him lay back down as he volunteered to help with Borhart while he rested.

As Bular laid down in his bed he started thinking about his past with Aaarrrgghh... there were admittedly times where he was rather rough... no more cruel to him back in the old days. Even when Aaarrrgghh was one of Bular's closet confidants during the age of Camelot.... then he considered Aaarrrgghh a traitor for making the decision to defect from his father's in favor of changing for the better and seeking a life of peace for himself.

Aaarrrgghh saw that Bular was in deep thought and had feelings of regret from the look in his eyes alone when he was about to hand a freshly changed Borhart. Even though Aaarrrgghh still had some doubts about Bular fully changing for the better, He knew from experience what it's like for a member of the Gumm-gumm army to feel afraid of their past actions preventing them from gaining a better future and the regret their past decisions.    

" Bular... Bad trolls can change. I know have"

Bular was taken aback by Aaarrrgghh's words as he was handed his son back. For so long he thought that Aaarrrgghh hated him after everything that had happened and that Aaarrrgghh would've wanted him dead, And yet here he is offering advice and help without hesitation. Bular sighed as he was handed a bottle from Aaarrrgghh to feed Borhart with. Bular had a long road ahead of him before  he could live a peaceful life in Trollmarket and become accepted by the community. But with Kanjigar and Aaarrgghh's help he felt like he had a chance. Bular felt the need to get his feelings off his chest and spoke up.  

" Aaarrrgghh.... thank you... I know I can never fully atone for my sins. But with your support I feel hopeful for the first time in centuries. And I want you to know that I'm sorry and I wish to make amends with you some day. So friends"

" Friends " Aaarrrgghh said as he placed a hand on Bular's shoulder to show that he had the same sentiments as Bular did. The two spent the next few hours chatting about their stories with Borhart, catching up on everything that has happened to one another over the 900 years that they were apart from one another's lives, and just about every little thing that came to mind about what to expect from life in Trollmarket and how things have change for trollkind as a whole since the age of Camelot.