seventy: library

Yunhyo sat in the library, focused on her work. Finals were approaching fast, and she felt overwhelmed by the amount of studying she had left to get done. 

It was raining outside, droplets of water hitting the window she was sitting by. She absentmindedly took a sip of her coffee, frowning when she realised it was far too cold by now. She looked up to see Jake dozing off, sitting opposite to her. 

She smiled bitterly, feeling bad that he got bored all by himself, and that she didn't give him any attention. She reached her hand out, playing with his soft locks. 

After a few seconds, Jake picked his head up, smiling at her, still sleepy. 

"Got bored?" she asked in a hushed whisper. 

"Nah, was just tired. Don't mind me, focus on your work. I'll watch you from here." he smirked.

She blushed at his words, "No need! I'm done. We should go home now before it rains harder."  She got up, gathered her books and shoved them in the bag. She looked out the window one last time, it gave a clear view of the soccer field. 

She smiled to herself, oh how far I have come. Not too long ago she would stare out the window at the soccer field for the entire day, wanting to catch a glimpse of Jake if she could. Now, he's right beside her, waiting to take her home. 

"Good thing I got an umbrella." She held his hand, intertwining their fingers. As they made their way out of the school gates, Yunhyo caught a glimpse of Sunoo getting into the backseat of a car. She waved, calling out his name. 

"Oh, that's Heeseung hyung's car. I don't know why Sunoo is getting in, but we can ask him to drop us off as well." 

The couple walked over to the car, and as Yunhyo leaned over to look in from the windows, she started laughing at the scene. In the backseat sat Jungwon and Sunoo with Riki sitting in the middle, all of their clothes slightly wet, and their hair all ruined from the wind and the rain. In the driver's seat, sat a very annoyed-looking Heeseung. 

"No space for any more lovebirds," he said sternly.

"Oh the passenger seat's empty, Yun and I will sit in there, she can just sit on my lap." 

That statement earned Jake a slap on the shoulder from Yunhyo, giggles from the three guys in the backseat, and an even more annoyed sigh from Heeseung.

"No, it's fine, we'll just walk," Yunhyo presented him with a polite smile, dragging Jake away by his hands.

With one hand Jake held the transparent umbrella over their heads, and with the other he held Yunhyo's body close to his- to prevent both her feeling cold and getting wet in the rain. Her bag was slung over his shoulder as she talked about her day, and he listened intently. 

It was a usual for them, and even if those were some really small things he did for her, he was proud of himself of taking good care of her.