Tongue Twisters

A/N: Oh look, an update!

"Doc!" Silas called again, one hand frozen under my chin and he stared down at me.

"Thiwath?" I tried to sound out his name, but my tongue felt like a foreign object trying to fit inside my mouth.

"That's a lot of blood," Silas murmured quietly, but my alarm rose as I quite clearly heard him.

"A wot?" I yelped, pushing his hand away and trying to feel the damage. A quick stinging sensation made me pull it back.

"Sang!" Dr. Sean breathed out, kneeling next to me. He took a gentle, but firm, hold of my jaw and turned my face towards him for inspection. Despite the situation, I couldn't help but take the opportunity to blatantly ogle his face as he went into doctor mode.

Dr. Sean was...beautiful. I know the boys didn't like being called that, especially Luke, but I couldn't think of a better word to describe some of them. His skin looked so soft, soft enough to pet. My hand started lifting up on its own accord from its tight grip on the grass before his sparkling, green eyes made contact with mine.

"Pookie? You still with me?" His lips twitched into a smile, but I was only partially embarrassed that it seemed he knew where my thoughts had ventured. With a wink, he turned towards the boys hovering near-by.

"Silas, get my bag from Victor's car! It should be the closest," Dr. Sean uncharacteristically barked at Silas, who was starting to look a little green as he stared at my mouth. "Luke, go to the cafe across the street and ask for some ice. North, go man the grill before we start a forest fire. Everyone else, back up and give Pookie some room to breathe, please."

"I am not leaving Sang baby while she's injured!" North protested, stepping even closer to us and glaring at Dr. Sean.

"Mr. Taylor, you'll go back to the grill right this instant," Mr. Blackbourne cut in smoothly, his dripping with authority.

Most of the boys had been trying to keep North from jumping on Luke again, but Luke took off in a dash towards the street. Silas was moving a little slower as he made his way for the parking lot. I didn't see him, but I heard North stomp off while muttering obscenities.

"Mr. Morgan, please go make sure Mr. Taylor stays by the grill and doesn't just throw the food out to come back here," Mr. Blackbourne ordered.

"Dr. Green gets to deal with a sweet Sang, and you're sticking me with the angry bull?" Victor questioned, looking so cheated I had to smile despite the pain. He shot me another glance before jogging after North.

"Dr. Thean?" I asked quietly, looking up at him. He was acting strange for a doctor whose patient was injured.

"Relax, Pookie," he winked, leaning in closer to whisper. "You've got a little cut on your lip, and you bit your tongue. That explains the swelling. Nothing to worry about, but this is a bit more blood than the boys are used to seeing on you."

"I'm okay?" I asked to make sure, still feeling paranoid after how Luke and Silas reacted.

"Well, you're okay enough to start daydreaming about me, aren't you?" His smile turned flirtatious.

"Your thkin...," I started to say, then thought better of it as my voice trailed off. Dr. Sean was the last person to need an ego boost.

"I'll let you off the hook for now, Pookie," he laughed, drawing the others attention to us from where they were in deep conversation a few feet away. "Only because you're my patient. Don't think I'll forget about this later."