18 Minutes in Heaven

A/N: Surviving Sang was originally inspired by this one-shot I wrote, so I couldn't not include it, right? It's been revamped to fit with the story more in case you're worried about a re-read, and there's about 1,500 more words in this chapter than the one-shot.

Chapter Twelve: 18 Minutes in Heaven

"How many more minutes?"

"Luke, you literally just put the cookies in the oven," I grinned at him fondly from my perch on the countertop. What a silly boy.

"I say we give them five minutes, and then check again," Luke nodded his head decisively from his kneeling position in front of the oven. The oven light was on, and his narrowed eyes were focused so intently on the cookie dough blobs inside, I was surprised they didn't finish baking on his command.

"Or we can work on homework for the full eighteen minutes the cookies are supposed to bake, then check again?" I offered, swinging my legs back and forth underneath the countertop. We'd gotten lucky that Uncle and North weren't going to be home for awhile. Plenty of time to binge on cookies and destroy the evidence.

I'd tried to apologize to Luke for scaring him and walking out yesterday, but he just waved me off and said I deserved some chocolate chip cookies after everything that happened. Apparently chocolate would help refill the happiness levels that crying my eyes out had diminished, according to his expertise.

After all of the seriousness with North and Silas, I was grateful for his lightheartedness.

"Nah," Luke immediately dismissed my suggestion, popping up from the floor and turning towards me with a mischievous glint in his eyes. "But I can think of something else we can do for eighteen minutes."

"You know Kota wants homework finished right after school, and I already skipped today," I tried to look stern, but I was too busy fighting off a giggle as I watched Luke saunter towards me with an extra sway in his hips. He was batting his eyelashes and licking his lips while staring straight into my eyes. After an incredibly exaggerated hip movement, I gave in and cracked up with giggles. "What are you doing, Luke?"

"I'm seducing you, Cupcake," Luke said with a deep voice, wiggling his eyebrows at me. Once he reached the counter, I swung my legs around his hips and pulled him against me. "Is it working?"

"Hmm," I pretended to look like I was debating it, rubbing my chin a few times for good measure before blinking down at Luke innocently. "I'm not sure."

"Not sure?" Luke raised an eyebrow while smiling at the challenge. He stepped closer to me, pulling my body slowly toward him on the counter until we were pressed flush against each other and I was teetering off the edge. I bit my lip at the contact, feeling my chest mold against his as our breaths matched. Luke purposely lowered his voice an octave as he growled, "Well maybe I can convince you."

I giggled and pecked Luke's cheek before he spun around and reached his hands behind him to grab my thighs.

"Hop on, sweetheart! Your love nest awaits," Luke announced, lightly popping my thigh when I hadn't moved yet. With a grin, I hopped onto Luke's back and held on as he took off down the hallway before climbing the steps with ease.

"Where is this so-called love nest, Sir Lucian?" I asked with a giggle, blowing his untamed hair out of my face.

"In a magical land, my queen," he responded, opening the door to his room and trotting inside. "A land where daydreams always come true and North allows chocolate for every meal."

"Oh wow, I didn't think such a place was possible!" I gasped dramatically, laughing as Luke collapsed on his bed which caused me to let go of him. We both tumbled over the mattress, and rolled until we were facing each other.