Hakuna Matata

A/N: I'm going to go ahead and apologize now. This one gets a little...mature? I'm not sure. You'll see for yourself. I don't even know how this happened. Maybe I'm lonely. *coughhorny?*

I might have gotten a new laptop last weekend, which is inspiring me to write during any free time I can find. (Maybe you guys should be updating more to distract me??)

Hakuna Matata

The sun's rays were starting to peek through Nathan's blinds as I woke with a groan the next morning. It was the weekend, I was cuddled up to a warm chest, and I'd just spent all of yesterday with my boys. I smiled at the thought, then smiled further as I realized that my lip didn't throb with pain at the action. My tongue was fully healed in less than twenty-four hours, and the cut on my lip was barely a scratch. I tested scrunching my lips, but it didn't irritate the cut. Another thing to be happy about, I thought with a content sigh. I suppose the three extra snow cones that Luke bought me at the park really did help.

Well, one was completely gone by the time he made it back from the snow cone stand. He claimed it was a long walk, and that a man only has so much self control.

Wanting to prolong my lazy Sunday, I extended my toes as far as physically possible and raised my hands high above my head on the pillow. I stretched as far as my fingertips could reach and arched my back, a quiet groan rumbling up my throat at the sensation. Feeling both content and languid, I cuddled back into the pillow and burrowed my feet between Nathan's legs, not even bothering to fight a yawn.

As my mouth opened wide, I pretended I was a lioness relaxing in the bright sun, dozing in the Sahara. Growling for effect, I pawed the pillow underneath my head lazily.

"Roooar!" I whispered mightily before my mouth was unwillingly pulled into another yawn. Picturing myself to be surrounded by tall grass and antelope, I laid out on my rock. As the yawn ended and my lips started to close, I was startled to find that something had invaded my mouth before I could close it.

"Wha-" I froze as my eyes popped open at the intrusion, only to see a pair of blue eyes blinking sleepily back at me. His hair was tousled and crazy, and the sleepy smile spreading across Nathan's face was so adorable I had to clench my fists to stop myself from attacking him.

"Morning, Peanut," Nathan mumbled, wiggling his finger between my lips when I hadn't responded.

"Morning, Honey," I mumbled back around his finger as I happily chewed. Now I was the lioness who caught her prey, I thought with a silly smirk.

"How's your lip?" He whispered, running his thumb across it in a featherlight touch. "It looks better."

"Doesn't hurt anymore," I murmured, giving him a small smile around his finger and nibbling it gently. "I can stretch my lips."

"Good," Nathan smiled and closed his eyes again. I was content to chew his finger in silence until Nathan's eyes snapped open as he gave me a funny look.

"What were you doing a minute ago?" Nathan asked, his brows furrowed in confusion. "Did I hear you growl?"

"I...," I hesitated, my imagination not making as much sense now that I was more awake. Still chewing on his index finger, I lifted my own hand up and stuck a finger in his mouth. "Here you go!"

"Peanut," he muttered warningly around my finger, sending me a pointed look as he started chewing.

"I might've been pretending I was a lion," I admitted quietly, using my tongue to push Nathan's finger to my cheek so I could talk more clearly, scooting closer to curl my free arm around his middle.