Nurse Sang

IMPORTANT A/N (Really!!): If you guys have read 18 Minutes in Heaven and my Author Notes there, you'll know that the majority of one-shots are actually some FUTURE SCENES for Surviving Sang that I was too impatient to wait for.

So if you get a sense of deja vu during this scene, it might be because you've already read it. :) (However, I did make a good number of changes between the one-shot and here so things would flow better.)

Also...I posted chapter four 17 hours ago, and I know sometimes Wattpad can be silly about not going to your "current reading place." If you don't remember Sang and Nathan swimming, you might want to hop back a bit.

Chapter Five: Nurse Sang

"I really do not agree with this, Silas," North grumbled from his spot on the porch steps, fifteen minutes later. I rolled my eyes.

"North, you can say it one hundred different ways, man, but she's going to do it," Silas chuckled from beside me. I beamed at him and adjusted my grip on the baseball bat.

"Yes, North Star. Just because you stopped cursing or huffing and puffing doesn't mean I'm going to let you stop my fun," I smiled at him before turning back to Silas excitedly. "Can we start now?"

We'd just spent ages convincing North to let us play and going over the mechanics of swinging. I was tired of wasting time.

"Aggele, you're going to need to stop bouncing around," Silas laughed, taking a few steps away from me as we both heard North grunt. "Are you ready?"

"Yes!" I practically shouted, crouching a little like he showed me earlier and hiking up my grip. Silas walked further away to a bucket sitting in the grass. Nathan was still missing in action, but I tried not to worry too much.

"I still think she should start with T-Ball," North argued stubbornly. I turned and smiled at him fondly, shaking my head. "What, Sang Baby? Even Silas and I started out with T-Ball!"

"I'm not four years old, North," I gave him a stern look before turning back to my Superman. "Ready!"

"Okay. I'm going to throw the ball underhand first, Aggele," Silas warned me. "It'll arch up a bit, then come back down in front of you. Keep your eye on it, and don't swing too early. I know how impatient you are."

"Just throw the ball, Silas!" I grinned, wiggling the bat behind me. I placed my feet like Silas instructed and focused all of my attention on the ball in his hand. This would usually be difficult for me, with two handsome boys that I would much rather be looking at, but I was anxious to give baseball a try and I wanted them to be proud of me.

The bat was wooden and smooth beneath my touch, but that didn't stop North from making me wear batting gloves to avoid splinters.

I was pretty sure that wasn't the actual purpose of real batting gloves, but I didn't want to question North when he was already so grumpy.

The gloves were light pink. Of course. While I love how much the boys took my favorite color into consideration, sometimes it made me feel incredibly girly next to them. I already felt feminine enough, considering how masculine they all were. At times I felt like I should be embarrassed, but pink was my color as much as black was North's.

I also had enough pink now to be Pepto's mascot.

Then again, North had adamantly tried to make me wear his motorcycle helmet for this, so I suppose I was getting off lightly with just the gloves.

"Okay, Aggele. Eyes on the ball!" Silas called, pulling his arm back before bringing it forward and tossing the baseball towards me. It soared through the air, and I watched it with anticipation. My grip tightened almost painfully on the bat, and I tried to mimic what Silas taught me as the ball rushed closer. I took a step forward while bringing the bat around in a slow swing.