Noah

I sit next to Liz in the grass, while Will went for some food.

-Remember what you told me a week ago?

-So you're lost.- I conclude and sigh.

She nods.

-Well, then just, look at the stars.

-Yeah, but.-

-They always listen, really.

-But how do you know that they are listening?

-Just trust me.

She sighs and stands up. -Guess I am going to talk to them, then.

A minute passed and she comes back. -Now what?

I shrug.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

And that was the last time I saw her.

-Hey man.- Will waves his hand in from of me to get my attention. -You okay?

I nod. -Yeah, why?

-Cause you suddenly stared blankly at your food and it kind of creeped me out.

I laugh. -Sorry about that. I was thinking about Liz.

It has been weeks since Liz was with us. And none of us has any news or anything whatsoever about her.

-How can you get lost while getting lost?- Will asked while he chewed his cheeseburger.

I sigh. -I don't know. But she kind of has been a mystery always, anyways.

-You still gonna look for her, huh?- Will looked at me and chewed one of his fries.

-She has to be somewhere.

-Well, we already searched here. And besides, wouldn't she be in a place we don't expect, or something we kind of have in front of our noses, but we don't notice?

-Like where?

He has all my attention now.

Will shrugs. -We can search at the beach, but at night.

I tilt my head. -Why?

-Well, cause she always goes at night, right?

I sigh in defeat. -Fine.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Found her.- Will shouts.

I go running and find Will sitting next to Liz.

I sit in front of Liz, who was crying.

-What's wrong?- I ask softly.

She tried to talk, but it was impossible to understand her, since it just sounded like choked-up sobs. All I could hear decently was the word "brother" and "car crash".

There was no need for more explanation.

-I am really sorry.- I hug her and she keeps crying on my shoulder. Now I understand why she's here. Her brother used to come at night, and she does the same. I guess it makes you relax, after all.