121. Kutumb (Part 1)

"Jagdish..."

Her lips quivered as she struggled to draw herself closer to him.

"Jagdish, I forgive you. I forgive you for everything," she murmured softly, her voice filled with tenderness.

And then she felt it—the warmth of his lips moving against hers, slow and trembling, a tangible expression of his vulnerability. His hands delicately encircled her frame, hesitant yet desperate, as if afraid to hold too tightly but unwilling to let go. His doubts seemed to dissipate as he inhaled deeply and whispered, "Oh, my love, I am not this man. Believe me."

"No, it's you, Jagdish, the real you, I know that," she asserted, her voice filled with conviction as she pressed herself against him. "The one who exists beyond the facade of perfection. I want all of you—the fury, the despair, the ecstasy. Let yourself go off the walls you have built around yourself. No shame, no hesitations. I won't flinch. I'll be right here with you."

She kissed him again, her lips lingering with reassurance as she whispered, "Jagdish, you're human, a very beautiful soul. Don't let yourself be caged under this pretense. I can handle anything but a shadow. I can forgive all your flaws, but not a ghost of who you could be."

"Ah, my love," he groaned as he enveloped her in his arms, gently guiding her to lie flat on the floor, his hands bracing beside her delicate frame. He gazed into her face, her soft grey eyes shimmering beautifully, causing tears to well up in his own.

"I've never felt like this before, Nishita," he confessed, his voice thick with emotion. "I'm scared... terrified that I'll lose everything, just as I lost my Maa..." His lips quivered as he struggled to articulate his deepest fears. "She won't even speak to me now. She hates me for the pain I caused her with my anger... and then I hurt you. My anger is a dangerous force, and I can't bear to lose the people I love because of it."

"You won't lose anyone by being yourself, Jagdish," she said softly, gently cupping his face in her hands. "Your Maa can never hate you, and neither could I." Her smile was warm and reassuring. "How could anyone hate this kind-hearted man who cries like a baby, huh?" Her grin widened as she caressed his cheeks, but she sighed when he continued to look at her with his big puppy eyes.

"Jagdish, I don't know what has transpired between you and Maaji, but I believe she's deeply hurt. It might take some time for her to heal," she continued earnestly. "I'm certain she's also grieving over the pain she feels for punishing you. How could she not? She loves her Sher immensely."

Jagdish sniffled, his face still flushed, the redness slowly fading. "How do you know?"

She chuckled softly, pulling him closer and lightly kissing his lips. "Because I am Nishita, and Nishita knows everything," she murmured with a hint of playfulness.

He couldn't help but chuckle too, a smile breaking through his earlier turmoil as he returned her kiss.

The kiss, initially playful, escalated into a passionate exchange as her hands grasped his shoulders, her nails gently digging into the strong muscles beneath. "Ah!" she moaned softly, caught up in the intensity of the moment.

Abruptly, he stopped and sat back, hurriedly removing his kurta. Nishita's eyes widened in surprise; it was the first time she had seen Jagdish's naked torso. She could've died when she felt her prayers were finally answered as her eyes were graced by his absolute beauty.

Daily morning she had caught glimpses of him in a snug tank top, but this sudden unveiling was a delightful shock. Delicious shock would fit it right. She shamelessly drank in the sight of his perfectly sculpted body. Jagdish embodied fitness with every defined line and curve, not overly bulky but impeccably toned. His fair complexion seemed to glow under the light, dazzling—almost blinding—her eyes and leaving her momentarily breathless with admiration.

"You are so beautiful!" she mumbled, unsure if that was the right compliment to give a man. But he really looked like beauty personified, nothing more, nothing less. As he moved closer, leaning in, she blinked admiring the way his muscles flexed under his smooth skin. "Oh, Kanha! And... He is my husband, this beautiful man is my husband!?"

Jagdish's chest went nuclear from neck to brows, erupting in a vibrant shade of scarlet. He attacked his lower lip with nervous nibbles, his eyes playing a game of peek-a-boo, unable to handle the full force of her unexpected compliment.

Nishita stared at him, his behavior confused her and then her eyes widened.

Did I just...?

Yes, Nishita, you said that out loud. Way to embarrass yourself.

OHHHMYYYGAWDDDD!

--

A/N

Men with their puppy eyes are the most dangerous thing in the world. It reminds me of an episode of 'The Big Bang Theory' where Penny says she couldn't break up with Leonard because of his big sad eyes. Instead, she ended up sleeping with him. Amy and Bernadette roast her for being so gullible and joke that it's a good thing she doesn't have a dog XD Gosh, it's one of my favorite series to watch, my favorite character is Bernadette as she is unhinged, tiny, and a biologist (microbiologist but yeah) Yep, that's me, me is Bernadette. Have you watched it? Who's your fav?

"Pyar Hua Chupke Se" is such a beautiful song and has this playfulness that I wanted to portray in this chapter. Also, I am positive that it's sitar in the interlude, well, doesn't fit perfectly, hehe XD

Kutumb means Family :)

Vote share COMMMENT!