Chapter One

Upon arriving to the Mystery Shack, Mabel and Dipper were greeted by their Grunkles, Stanford and Stanley, and two of their old friends, Wendy and Soos. They all, of course, caught up with each other.

Stan talked mostly about how well the Mystery Shack had been doing and told stories about some of the gullible tourists.

Ford explained his most recent discoveries in the forests of Gravity Falls, even showing some of the sketches he had of creatures he had discovered.

Wendy told the twins how she had started taking college courses online and planned to stay in Gravity Falls, rather than moving to Portland like she had always wanted to when she was younger.

Soos announced that he had proposed to Melody and that their wedding would be coming up soon.

Dipper and Mabel mainly told stories about their school experiences, which weren't all that entertaining.

"Piedmont isn't all that interesting," Dipper had said with a laugh.

After everyone finished catching up, Wendy and Soos headed home. Mabel announced that she was going to go meet up with Grenda, Candy, and Pacifica and have dinner with them. Dipper just decided to stay at the Mystery Shack and eat dinner with Stan and Ford.

Dipper went upstairs and fell asleep afterwards, as he had been exhausted from the long drive to Gravity Falls and unpacking.

...

Dipper impatiently tapped his foot on the concrete. He shifted a bit at the uncomfortable weight of his backpack that was pulling down on his right shoulder.

He was stood outside his house, waiting for the bus to come pick him up and take him to school. He didn't even realize that Mabel wasn't there with him.

Suddenly, the scent of smoke hit Dipper. It was so strong and heavy that it made his head hurt and his stomach churn. Dipper felt nauseous  and covered his mouth and nose in hope that it would stop the smell of something burning...

Dipper tensed up as he realized that the smoke had to come from something on fire... But what would be on fire?

He turned around, and his breath hitched as he saw his house engulfed in fire...

Blue fire.

What made the situation even worse?

He could hear his parents screaming from inside.

"Mom! Dad!" Dipper cried out and dropped his backpack to the sidewalk as he ran to the front door.

Dipper began to try to kick the door down. He even threw his body against it, but it wouldn't budge. He panicked and then quickly ran towards one of the windows and began to bang against it. He knew they didn't have bullet proof windows, but no matter how hard he tried, the window wouldn't break.

He could hear his parents screaming out for him, but there was nothing he could do. His eyes began to burn from the smoke and his lungs burned. Dipper felt as if he was going to throw up and cry.

"Dipper! Bro, come on! Wake up!"

...

Dipper eyes opened and he immediately sat up. His heart was pounding and his head still kind of hurt. He looked over to see Mabel standing next to his bed.

"You... You yelled for mom and dad in your sleep... You started kicking, too. I was worried," Mabel softly explained. "Are you okay?"

Dipper sat there for a moment, quiet. The headache, burning sensations, and nausea finally faded to his relief.