Chapter Three

There was blood everywhere.

There was blood on his clothes, skin, the floor, and the walls. The attic looked cleaner, old laundry and suit cases had disappeared, but the blood surely made up for it.

Dipper felt like he was going to be sick.

Most of the time, he wasn't very squeamish when it came to gore or blood, but this felt so different... So sickening. The blood was fresh, warm, and sticky on his own flesh. It was such an awful feeling.

"W-where... Did this all come from?" Dipper whispered to himself, his voice shaking.

Dipper's heart skipped a beat when bodies suddenly appeared out of thin air on the floor. He covered his mouth with one of his bloody hands to try to keep himself from screaming.

The bodies were motionless, lifeless, but familiar to Dipper.

They were Mabel, Ford, Stan, Wendy, and Soos.

The sick feeling in Dipper's gut only got worse and he quick turned around to look away from them. He could feel the tears swelling up in his eyes.

He looked up to see that he was standing in front of a mirror. He stared in horror at how blood soaked he was and saw the tears rolled down his cheeks.

Dipper tensed up when he saw his own eyes in the mirror... They were yellow and his pupils were slits.

"Oh n-no," he stammered. "O-oh, God, no. N- no!"

...

Dipper woke up, covered in sweat and his heart pounding in his chest, echoing into his ears. He sat up and ran his hands through his hair as he sighed.

He looked over to Mabel, who he had luckily not woken up for once. His gaze then traveled over to his alarm clock. He was surprised to see it was 7:29 AM. Normally, he had his nightmares a lot earlier in the night...

But he had gone to sleep later that night.

Dipper sighed. Even though he was still pretty tired, he was not going to try to go back to sleep. 

The brunette got out of bed and changed out of his pajamas into his outfit for the day. He exited the attic and headed downstairs to the kitchen. He was surprised to see that Stanford was also awake, who looked back at Dipper in surprise as well.

"Good morning, Dipper. I didn't expect for you to be up so early," Ford greeted and watched as Dipper sat across from him at the table. "Though, I suppose it wasn't out of your own free will."

Dipper shook his head and rubbed his eyes, "Yeah... I had a dream that Bill possessed me and killed everyone..."

Ford sighed, "I'm sorry, Dipper..."

"I didn't have a nightmare last night, but then I had one tonight!" Dipper exclaimed, frustrated. "It doesn't make sense..."

There was a moment of silence between the two before Ford spoke up again, "I don't know what's up with these dreams, Dipper, but I want you to have something."

Dipper's attention was drawn to his Grunkle as he pulled a flask out of his pocket and set in on the table. He pushed it towards Dipper.

"If you're right about these nightmares being from a dream demon, you may need this," he explained as Dipper picked up the flask. "It's holy water. It can harm anything demonic, so if you happen to encounter whatever is sending these dreams to you, you can protect yourself."

Dipper examined the flask and then smiled, "Oh, thanks, Grunkle Ford. This might come in handy."

"If you ever happen to run out, just let me know. I hoarded that stuff when I first met Bill," Ford chuckled, but still had somewhat of a serious tone.

Dipper quickly stuck the flask into his back pocket.

----

One of the things that helped poor, sleep deprived, Dipper stay awake was caffeine.

It was practically his life source at the moment and Wendy swore she saw him with it all day, every day, since he had arrived in Gravity Falls. Wendy didn't mind his coffee mug that sat at the counter with them during work.

But, Dipper would probably stop keeping his coffee mugs on the counter after that afternoon.

Dipper sat at the counter with Wendy, his head in his hands. The day was going by slowly which made him feel even more lousy than he already did. There weren't many tourists, either, that day. Stan made sure to show his disappointment in that.

The brunette suddenly became lost in his thoughts as he stared off. His eye lids became heavier than they normally were and they began to close. Wendy didn't even notice Dipper falling asleep...

That was until Dipper's arm gave away to the weight of his head, hitting it on the counter, and knocking his coffee mug off onto the floor, spilling onto him in the process.

Dipper shrieked as his hot drink drenched him, immediately jumping up and taking his shirt. Mabel, who had been on the other side of the room doing chores for Stan with Waddles following her around, rushed over to her twin.

"Whoa, dude! Are you okay, Dipper?!" Wendy exclaimed, standing up, ready to help him.

"I-I think so," Dipper muttered, throwing his coffee soaked shirt on the floor.

Dipper let out a rugged sigh and ran his hands through his hair, "Ugh, I'm sorry. I made a huge mess. I-I'll clean it up."

"Don't worry about it, man! These things happen," Wendy told him with a smile. "I get it."

"D-dipper?"

Mabel's voice sounded a bit worried, which made Dipper begin to worry as well.

He looked over his shoulder at his sister, "Yeah, Mabel? Something wrong?"

"Y-you... You didn't get a tattoo in secret... D-did you?" Mabel hesitantly asked.

Dipper tensed up.

"T-tattoo?!" Dipper yelped, trying to look on his back but couldn't see anything. "N-no! I-I don't have a tattoo! I've never got one!"

Mabel covered her mouth to prevent her from saying something to make Dipper even more worried. Dipper panicked and whirled around, still trying to see what was on his back.

"Dipper, hold still and calm down! Let me look," Wendy suddenly spoke up, making Dipper stop freaking out.

Wendy examined Dipper's back, and was surprised to see that Mabel was right.

There was a medium-sized tattoo on Dipper's upper back.

It was the outline of a triangle with several different designs and patterns inside it.

"I-it's some kind of weird triangle...," Wendy reluctantly informed him.

"T-triangle?" Dipper repeated, his voice terrified. "Oh no... B-bill... What if it's Bill? What if he did this to me?!"

"Dipper, don't jump to conclusions, okay? W-we... We need to ask Ford first. He should know something about this," Wendy quickly interrupted, trying to keep calm for Dipper.

"Yeah, Grunkle Ford should know something about weird tattoos," Mabel agreed and nodded her head.

Dipper took a deep breath in and then exhaled, calmly speaking, "O-okay... Yeah, let's go talk to Grunkle Ford..."

(A/N: In case it isn't clear, the picture used for this chapter is Dipper's tattoo! Or at least the design of his tattoo... Don't worry, it'll be explained later on.)