Chapter Ten

(A/N: Is it really already chapter ten? Wowie!)

"Hey, Bill?"

Bill's attention was brought to Mabel after hearing his name.

He was currently in the gift shop with the girls. He wouldn't really say that he was "hanging out with them" but the girls were definitely hanging out with each other... With Bill standing on the sidelines.

Wendy and Soos were too busy working to get involved with their conversations and Dipper was upstairs. Everyone assumed he was still asleep.

"Yes, Shooting Star?" Bill replied, trying to sound polite.

He was still a bit annoyed that her friends were here.

"Could you go upstairs to check on Dipper?" the brunette requested. "And if he's asleep, could you wake him up? He'll get in a lot of trouble with Grunkle Stan if he sleeps all day."

"Alright, but it's not my fault if he doesn't like my methods of waking him up," Bill said with a snicker.

Mabel rolled her eyes at him as he exited the gift shop.

Bill made his way to the staircase, but before he could even try to reach the first step, he realized that there was someone leaving through the door in the foyer.

It was Dipper.

Bill was about to call his name, but the kid had already slammed the door behind him. Bill flinched as the door shut, more aggressively than he had ever seen Dipper close a door before.

After a moment of registering what just happened, he quickly ran out the door and looked around to see where Dipper was.

He finally saw the brunette getting into the driver's seat of his sister's car.

Bill was confused, but nevertheless, ran over to the car. He took a moment to think about what to do before he hesitatingly opened the passenger's door and slid into the car.

Dipper's head whipped over to look at him, startled, but the shock slowly turned into annoyance and anger.

"What are you doing here?" he grumbled, looking away from him.

"Shooting Star told me to wake you up, but it seems that you're already awake," Bill explained. "You seemed distressed, kid."

Dipper just frowned.

Bill noticed that Dipper's eyes were red, like he had been crying. He looked like he was on the verge of tears again, too.

"Pine Tree, something wrong?" Bill asked, tilting his head a bit, trying to keep his voice soft.

The teen glared at him and muttered, "Why do you care?"

"I... I'm just curious as to why you've been crying," Bill told him with a stern tone.

Is it really that obvious? Dipper's thoughts sighed.

"Don't you remember what happened last time you asked me what was wrong?" Dipper reminded him in an challenging tone.

"I try not to," Bill mumbled. "Come on, kid... I just want to know what's bothering you... Hey, maybe I could even help!"

"There's nothing you can do to help me," he snapped, sounding a bit more harsh than he intended.

There was an awkward moment of silence in the vehicle after that.

Dipper let out a defeated sigh, "I... I got into a fight with my girlfriend this morning..."

"Wait, you have a girlfriend?" Bill exclaimed.

"Yes, I do. No one here really knows because I haven't really brought her up...," Dipper muttered. "Her name's Abby and she lives back in Piedmont... I started dating her last year and we've been going steady ever since. She's pretty upset that I decided to stay up here in Gravity Falls and that I don't call her as much as I should... We got into a fight about it and she just..."