Chapter Fifteen

(A/N: i told myself i should write and mere minutes afterwards got a nose bleed

its a sign

a sign that i need to get off my ass and write lmAOOOO

also it's been a while since i've done this so: thaNK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR ALL YOUR LOVE AND SUPPORT IT MEANS THE WORLD TO ME <33333)

"Happy birthday, Dipper and Mabel!"

Dipper screamed as he woke up, absolutely terrified. He looked up with startled eyes to see a group of people in the attic. He relaxed once he saw that they were all familiar faces: Stan, Ford, Wendy, Soos, Pacifica, Grenda, and Candy... Oh, and Waddles and Gompers, of course.

"You guys!" Mabel squealed and jumped out of bed, going to hug everyone individually.

Dipper chuckled and sat up in bed. He looked over to see Bill had his head under his pillow. Dipper pat the pillow, a bit harder than he had meant to, and Bill finally pulled the pillow off of himself. He looked up at Dipper and frowned. Dipper only grinned back because Bill had extremely messy hair.

Speaking of Bill, he had been sleeping much better, and just doing better in general. He stayed asleep all night and he had no more nightmares. Dipper was relieved and could tell that Bill was happy to be back on a normal sleeping schedule.

"You two dudes are now legally adults!" Soos suddenly exclaimed, catching Dipper's attention.

"That's right. We are!" Dipper said with excitement as he crawled out of bed. "We're still not twenty-one yet, but eighteen's good enough!"

"You two are getting so old," Stan joked. "Soon you'll be as old as Ford and I!"

"I think they've got a little bit of time before that happens," Ford chuckled.

Mabel had scooped up Waddles into her arms. He was wearing a sweater that was brightly colored and said "happy birthday" on it. Gompers would have a party hat on, but it was in his mouth... Half-eaten.

Dipper got distracted when he heard Bill getting out of bed and snapping his fingers. He looked to see that he was dressed in his yellow hoodie and black t-shirt. His messy hair had been styled back to normal too.

Bill quickly grabbed Dipper's hat from off the floor and roughly put it on the brunette. Dipper adjusted it to where he could actually see.

Bill snickered before he spoke, "Well, I guess here's my 'birthday surprise' for you: I'm leaving you alone for the whole day."

Dipper's eyes widened.

"Wait, really?" Wendy exclaimed.

"Yep. Kid's been wanting me out of his hair since day one, so this is his little break from me," he explained. "Hope you have a good birthday, kiddo."

With another snap of his fingers, Bill was gone.

"Honestly, this is a gift to all of us. Not just you," Ford laughed. "This day is going to be so much better than expected with him gone."

"That's mean, Grunkle Ford!" Mabel scolded. "Bill's funny. I'll miss his jokes."

Dipper would've added onto the conversation, but he had mixed and uncertain feelings. Sure, he had been looking for a break from Bill since the very beginning... But he already felt a bit lonely at the thought of him being gone.

----

Dipper sat on the steps that led up to the porch.

He was so tired from the whole day, but somehow Mabel was still full of energy... But that wasn't a surprise, really. She was playing with Waddles, Grenda, and Candy. Pacifica awkwardly stood by them, not entirely sure how to participate. Soos and Wendy were standing a bit farther away, but still observing them. Ford and Stan sat on the couch that was on the porch.

"Hey, Pine Tree!"

Dipper flinched as he heard Bill's voice. He looked over to see that the blonde had appeared next to him. Bill started laughing a bit and Dipper rolled his eyes.

"You're back a bit early than I thought you would be," Dipper told him.

Bill shrugged. "The manotaurs were getting boring."

"You were bothering the manotaurs?" Dipper said with a snicker.

Bill nodded and laughed a bit with him.

"Anyways, how was your day?" he asked. "Quieter without me?"

"Pft, yeah... It was pretty good for the most part," the brunette answered.

Bill raised an eyebrow at that and repeated, "For the most part? What happened, kid?"

Dipper looked away from him and muttered, "It doesn't matter-"

"Either way, I want to know," he said sternly.

He sighed and crossed his arms. "Alright, fine. My girlfriend broke up with me, okay? She texted me today to tell me she had already been seeing someone else and that we were over."

"On your birthday? Seriously?" Bill exclaimed, pissed, which kind of surprised Dipper.

He knew Bill wasn't fond of Abby because of that fight that had got in a while ago, the one Bill cheered him up from... But he didn't expect a reaction from this.

"Oh, that's the best part," Dipper scoffed. "She forgot about my birthday. She didn't realize it was today."

Bill stared at him with a wide eye. His gaze clearly said "what the fuck", which made Dipper want to grin a bit, but he forced it down.

"Fucking bitch...," Bill murmured. "I'm so sorry, kid."

"It's fine," Dipper told him with a shrug. "I'm better off without her anyways. I should've broke up with her a long time ago... Honestly, this is a pretty good birthday present."

Bill laughed at that, which made Dipper smile. They just sat there for a minute, grinning and laughing a bit like dorks. After they were done, they were quiet for a moment, busy watching Mabel and the others.

Bill finally spoke again, "So... Does this mean your single, now?"

Dipper stared at him with wide eyes, absolutely shocked. Wendy and Soos looked back at them, Wendy letting out an appropriate "holy shit". Ford and Stan tensed up as well, especially Ford.

"W-what?!" Dipper managed to stammer out.

Bill bursted into laughter. "Relax, relax! I'm just joking!"

"You better be," came the harsh snap of Ford.

Bill ignored him and just continued his fit of laughter. Dipper shook his head at him and shoved him, but that just made him laugh even more.

No one knew that Dipper was actually mentally screaming at and scolding himself... Why?

Because he could've sworn that his heart fluttered a bit when Bill said that.