Chapter Eight

(A/N: shouldn't be posting this because I don't have chapter nine completed yet?? i did have it done and had started chapter ten but i hated the plot i had written for it and just scrapped it all

happy that i did but now i'm really behind ugh buT DON'T MIND ME ENJOY THE CHAPTER <333)

Dipper slowly awoke, his heavy eye lids opening.

The brunette yawned and began to stretch in his bed. He suddenly stopped when he remembered about Bill. He quickly turned his head to look next to him, but the blonde wasn't there. Dipper felt a wave of concern rush over him.

Dipper turned his head again to see Mabel was also not present. Dipper then saw his alarm clock on the table next to his bed read 9:23 AM.

I guess they let me sleep in, he thought. Good. That was probably the best night of sleep since I've been here.

Dipper yawned again before getting out of bed. He searched around the attic for a t-shirt and shorts. After he finished changing, he grabbed his hat and made his way out of the attic and downstairs to the kitchen.

He then saw Ford sitting at the kitchen table. Stanford looked up at him and smiled, "Good morning, Dipper. Sleep well?"

"For once, yeah," Dipper said with a chuckle as he went to grab a bowl. "I guess Bill wasn't lying when he said he'd stop sending me nightmares."

"He didn't mess with your dreams at all?" Ford asked, surprised.

Dipper spoke as he poured cereal into his bowl, "If he did, I don't remember."

Ford stared off for a moment before speaking again as Dipper sat at the table with him, "Mabel said that she found him sleeping in your bed with you this morning."

Dipper let out an annoyed sigh and reluctantly replied, "Yeah... He didn't want to sleep on the floor and I wasn't in the mood to argue with him, so I just let him sleep in my bed."

"If you refuses to leave your bed, I'm sure that I could convenience him to," Ford offered.

"No, it's alright," Dipper replied, shaking his head. "I can put up with it. It'd probably be best to keep him happy, anyways..."

"Your more important than that demon, Dipper."

Dipper sighed and took a bite of his cereal before replying, "I'm just saying that we don't want a pissed off Bill Cipher. While he might be 'weakened' right now, he can still be dangerous and still has some magic left."

"I hope this whole thing will just be over with soon," Ford muttered, drumming his fingers on the table.

After a minute or two of Dipper eating, he stopped to ask, "Hey, where is everyone?"

"Stan's running tours right now and Mabel and Bill are in the gift shop with Soos and Wendy," Ford explained. "Mabel offered to watch him and keep him out of trouble till you got up. She seems to not mind Bill as much as the rest of us."

"Mabel's trying to 'reform' him," Dipper reluctantly told him. "She thinks that if she is nice to him that Bill will return the favor, and maybe they'll become friends or something."

Ford shook his head.

"Mabel is too sweet for her own good."

----

"Hey, look who's up!"

Dipper held back an annoyed sigh as he entered the gift shop and heard Bill's enthusiastic voice.