(Important!!) Author's Note

so, this has been coming for a looooong time.

i talked about this on here and i've finally made up my mind completely: i will no longer continue BTY. i'm sorry it took me so long to decide this, but i just really wanted to make sure this was the right decision.

as i've stated before, this fanfic feels more like a burden to me than something fun to write. ever since i even started drafting this fic, i could never find a way to end it in a way that pleased me. there were holes, untied ends, and overall, there wouldn't be a decent ending. i don't want to give you guys some half-assed excuse of a ending for this fic because, honestly, i'm proud of it. i feel bad leaving it unfinished, but i'd feel worst giving it a garbage finish.

i plan to hopefully still work on little talks, though i'm also having trouble writing that (damn writer's block), and possibly other gravity falls fics! it just depends on what i feel like i can write... plus the time i have. school starts soon, and as i always say: i'm in a shitty mental state almost all the time.

anyways, i'll talk more about BTY now!

to pretty much sum up what i basically wanted to happen for some of the last chapters, soos and melody's wedding was supposed to happen. the whole wedding is honestly just a huge thing that makes dipper realize he has fallen for bill. bill and dipper are supposed to dance and afterwards, everyone kind of starts joking about him liking bill, but ford and a couple of others add on to say how displeased they would be with that. it causes dipper to get really upset and run off. melody ends up coming to see him and having a talk with him. i have a draft for it so here:

Dipper gave a sigh and rested his head in his hands. Melody gave a sympathetic frown before she spoke, "Do you need to talk?"

"I don't know... I mean, I guess so? I just don't know if you'd be able to help," Dipper admitted with a lazy shrug.

"Well, I could at least try!" she said and grinned at him. Dipper gave a small smile back but it quickly faded.

"...What do you do when you think you really love someone, like truly love them, but everyone else will think it's wrong?" Dipper quickly asked, just wanting to get it over with. "Like... Everyone you know would frown upon you forever even thinking this way about that person, but... You can't help it and you know that person has a better side and you've seen but they haven't and you're not sure if they'll ever get to see it or even begin to understand."

There was a moment of silence after Dipper's rambling. He sighed and muttered an apology to her, but she denied it.

"Dipper, I'm going to tell you something my parents always told me," Melody began. Dipper looked towards and listened carefully. "They always told me that I could love whoever I wanted, as long as they didn't hurt me or anyone else I loved... If this person you're talking about loves you and you love them, then I don't see the harm in it. If it's love, it's love. As long as no one gets hurt, what does it matter what the others think? You'll be happy, and I think that's what really matters."

so, yeah. just a tiny little nice thing that honestly i love and wanted to share with you guys.

mabel decides to throw a little sleepover afterwards to celebrate the wedding. during the sleepover, bill changes shirts and dipper sees that his scars are gone. bill informs him that he finally was able to heal the scars, which means his magic is getting stronger. this sparks the conversation about bill leaving once he has restored all his magic. dipper suggests for him to stay and bill is surprised by that and pretty much says "maybe".

after the wedding chapters, a little bit of time passes (i never decided on how much). one day, bill is in the kitchen with mabel, soos, wendy, pacifica, grenda, and candy. it starts out pretty normal, with bill and the rest just chatting, but bill suddenly becomes overtaken in excruciating pain. he drops to the floor, curls up, and screams in agony. no one knows what to do and just gets down and try to comfort him and see whats wrong. in the midst of his hysteric screaming, he says something about his back burning. they check to see that the tattoo that signified the binding spell had disappeared.

ford and dipper walk into the room and dipper is horrified to see what happened to bill. bill isn't stupid and screams at him, asking him why he reversed the spell. ford speaks up, saying that he was the one who figured out how to reverse the spell, that he had had enough of bill, and it was time for him to go.

bill becomes furious and attacks ford, which results in a fight breaking out between them. bill ends up getting really close to killing him, but dipper screams at him to stop, which fortunately stops him. bill sees how scared he has made everyone, and in fear, runs out of the shack. dipper chases after him, and tells the others to stay.

dipper ends up having to take mabel's car to chase down bill. once he stops him, bill gets in and they drive to a remote location to talk. dipper immediately starts apologizing, telling him he didn't know this would hurt him that bad and that he wished he hadn't done it... but that doesn't seem to be what's bothering bill.

bill starts sadly rambling about how reversing the spell took away all his magic and how know he'll never go back to being himself again. he'll be stuck on earth. with humans. forever. bill pretty much breaks down. dipper gets him to pull himself together and says that maybe it won't be that bad.

bill is surprised to hear that and dipper goes on to say that he had been hoping bill would stay. he confesses that he has grown used to bill and doesn't want him to go, that he'll miss him. bill ends up asking why. dipper admits that he likes him. at first bill think it's in a platonic way, but then realizes that it's not. their first kiss happens...

and guess who happens to catch them?

mabel, wendy, and soos are in wendy's car, pulling up to them once they see them.

aaaaaaand that's pretty much where i left off.

i'll admit, i'm not happy with this fic. i like little talks a lot more. there are lots of plot-holes, ooc moments, and stuff like that, you know?

BUT ANYWAYS,,,, i'm glad you guys enjoyed BTY and i'm glad i enjoyed making it while i did!! thanks for sticking around! i REALLY want to write more (and maybe move to AO3) so hopefully i'll be able to make more content that you guys will enjoy! little talks is still up and i'm still working on it, so if you'd like to check that out, please do!! (shameless self-advertisement, nice going gabe!!!)

love you guys <33