Chapter 6

Kagami looked at his other self in the mirror with a straight face, examining every inch of his body. Strong muscles were hidden with a white blouse and a black vest that was left open made his look a bit more casual, so he didn't look like he was going to prom. No, he was going to cafe Timeless to meet the little ghost of the library.

Black jeans were clean, the highest button of his blouse was opened. Silver wristwatch with Rolex's logo decorated his wrist. Hair was a hot, controlled mess. Only his splitted eyebrows were disturbing his eyes a bit. But he couldn't deny it – he looked good. Good enough to meet him.

Strong fingers turned the keys of the car. Toyota's engine started to growl with a low tone when Taiga turned to very similar road that he was used to driving almost every morning to get to the best coffee shop of the town he was living in. Okay, the coffee shop wasn't that great, but the staff there was. Or at least one guy that was working there.

- - -

Kuroko looked at the clock on the wall as he helped Hide to place the fresh pastries under the domes. He had his apron on, he had his normal clothes for work on his slender body, but the clothes that he would change were waiting in the dressing room behind the kitchen.
He had asked his friend to style his hair somehow, so it wouldn't look the same as it did every day. He didn't want it to look like a birds nest, wild spikes sticking out everywhere. No, he wanted to look a bit better today.

Kagami would come in any second. Any second after ten minutes, when the doors would be opened.

Hide had pulled the other side of his hair behind, toward the back of his head, gluing every each of his hair on their places with a great amount of hairspray. Even the roughest hurricane wouldn't mess up his hairstyle today. The other side of his coiffure felt hard as a rock. But at least he looked good.

In the dressing room, behind the locked door of his locker was a white sweater with black stripes waiting for him, and clean pants, of course. The clothes he had bought just a few days ago were comfortable to wear but looked good on him. They were like made for this day when he would go out with Kagami.

It had been already three days since he had come back from his little holiday with Hide. Taiga had come to see him at cafe Timeless every day after that. He had come to sit down and drink a coffee and have a short chat with Tetsuya before he would already leave. But today they would go to eat outside together.

Kuroko served the people that came to coffee shop, couples who were having a date, old friends that saw each other for the first time since the last summer, businessmen who had to talk through some work stuff and decided to do it while having an espresso and a filled baguette. He served them, smiling his sweet customer servicer's smile. He had faked a little smile so often that it actually looked like a real one nowadays. Smiling a faked smile had become so basic part of his life that he couldn't even control it anymore. Wherever he went where he had to interact with people, his lips automatically turned to a slight smile.

It was just like that when he met Taiga for the first time, too. But nowadays... Every time they met or talked in the phone, Kuroko smiled, truly smiled without any fakeness in his smile. He never even realized it himself before his cheeks started to become a bit sore.

It had been a long time since he had last experienced anything like that.

While Tetsuya was making a hot chocolate for an elementary schooler, young boy who had come here to spend his weekly pocket money with his friend – a young girl, maybe a bit younger than him – the doorbell rang for a sign to tell everyone that new customer was in and needed service. The young male raised his gaze from the whipped cream topping, holding a bottle of chocolate tasting sauce in his hand. Kagami had walked in, looking better than ever. He gave him a little smile, real smile before he lowered his gaze again, continuing with the hot chocolate.