Chapter 4

Kagami went back home that night happier than ever. He was so excited about that blue haired guy who liked the same things as him. He really wanted to meet him again someday. He really wanted to talk about stuff they didn't have time to talk about that day.

He wanted to tell him about those strange, somehow cute little messages between some books he had read during the last year.

Between some books, he had borrowed from the library was left small pieces of paper that always had something written on them. Sometimes it was a quote from the book, sometimes it was a comment about it – without spoilers, of course – and sometimes it was just a simple "hello" for the reader. Finding those messages always made his day. He found it cute that someone actually tried to communicate with someone who liked books via them, without revealing his own identity. Maybe that guy was just bored and wanted to spend his time doing stupid things like that, but whatever.

After a few days, he came back. He drove all the way to cafe Timeless with his car when the sun was just about to rise. He walked in, smelling the familiar scent of coffee once again. Everything was just the same as then. But the guy behind the desk wasn't the same – Kuroko wasn't there. He had been replaced with some black haired guy, more than 10 centimeters longer than that slender guy. That guy looked really cold and bored. He clearly didn't like being there.

So it wasn't Kuroko's shift now. He'd probably be later there.

The redhead, however, walked to the man, stood right in front of the desk.

"What will you have?" the male asked, a pure bored tone in his monotonic voice. Why do they even put guys like this to interact with people? If someone like that sells you something, you don't feel happy to come again.

"Vanilla latte and a piece of chocolate cheesecake, please" the redhead requested with just as monotonic voice as the other, mirroring his emotions. Without saying anything, he gave the redhead what he wanted. He heard a few words telling him what it costed. He gave his money, getting back just a cold gaze, cold look of brown eyes. That guy behind the desk rushed away when Taiga started to walk away. He seemed to be in a hurry, even if there were no other customers. He was alone, but that guy was acting like the place was full of people. Strange. Annoying.

Seeing Tetsuya, being able to talk with him about exciting storylines, being serviced by him would have made his day, but that dark guy just somewhat ruined his morning.

Taiga sat down in the corner of the empty, warm room with his delights, observing the furniture around him with his red eyes. He tried to find the blue haired guy from some days ago like he was hiding somewhere, playing hide-and-seek with him. Like he wanted to be found somewhere and say after showing himself "oh crap, you found me!" or something like that. But no, it was still empty and lonely everywhere. There wasn't even radio playing some silent background music that would have kept the space alive, that would have brought something to his morning. No, it was silent. He couldn't even hear the clock ticking.

It was so silent, so dead that for some stupid seconds Kagami actually thought that what if time had stopped around him. What if everything had stopped and he was the only one that wasn't affected by the world's end? What if he would have to continue living all alone for the next eternity?

After those seconds that brown haired morning-ruiner came back from the kitchen with a few cupcakes, placing them under the crystal dome so they would stay fresh and everyone could still see their beauty.

Taiga closed his eyes and let his head lean slowly towards his other shoulder.

Cafe Timeless. He had no reason to wonder anymore where that name had come from.