Chapter 7

The night passed very quickly. They both enjoyed sitting in the restaurant Kagami had chosen. It took pretty long before they got what they wanted, but they actually didn't mind it. No, they just had more time to concentrate on each other.

During their time, the conversation slid from books and authors to their more private lives. Of course both of them did keep a lot of things still to themselves, not letting the other to know everything just yet. Both of them had things that they wouldn't tell anyone before they knew them completely and knew they wouldn't tell about those things to anyone else.

Kuroko wanted to keep something about his past as a secret. So did Kagami. Kuroko didn't want to tell about his family to the redhead, about his parents who he had lived with during the first 17 years and 5 months of his life. Kagami didn't want to tell about his family, about that little incident that had happened when he was just 22 years old when he was going outside, but then something happened. After that he wasn't the same guy he used to be. The plans for the rest of his life disappeared and he had to plan his whole future again, right from the start. He had to throw everything away and start it all over.

He couldn't plan his next 60 years and think that after them he would be dead and wouldn't have to worry about anything anymore. No, nowadays he would be alive even after 200 years and there wouldn't seem to be an end for his life. Well, of course, if he wanted to stop it all, he could starve himself to death. But he didn't want it enough. Once he had tried it, but the feeling caused by great hunger was so awful that he decided to cling on the life. He'd throw away his moral and live his life like a monster. He was one. And no one could change that fact.

They stared deep into each other's eyes in the gloomy light, both of them focusing on their meals. Kagami had ordered a hamburger - even if it was bought from an actual restaurant and looked way better and more expensive than one bought from McDonald's drive-thru, Kuroko couldn't help but laugh silently inside his mind. They were in a restaurant, and Taiga really had a hamburger! He was just like some 10 years old little boy. Well, sometimes he really seemed like one. And a bit more often than just sometimes.

Kuroko enjoyed the gentle taste of his pasta bolognese and a slice of white bread. It had been quite a long time since he had eaten something as good as that. Usually, he made through the day by eating noodles or frozen pizzas. The small amount of money he got from work went mostly to his house's rent and Nigou's food and other supplies. He always had some money hidden in his bedside table, just in case. The amount of money that was left wasn't very great. He couldn't eat much or expensive food. But that was okay for him. He had learned how to survive with a little of food and knew how to eat cheap. He always ran after the sales.

Maybe that's why he's still so small and slender. He had never been able to eat well.

Of course sometimes Hide called him over for a dinner or offered food, but it didn't happen often enough to make him gain even a bit weight around his bones.

He wouldn't have been able to eat well even that night if Kagami wouldn't have offered to pay his meal.

The time passed by way too fast. Before they even realized the evening had turned to night. They were forced to leave. Tetsuya had to go to work tomorrow, and he couldn't make it with just two hours of sleep. No, he needed more. He needed to get back home.

He secretly wished for Taiga to ask him to come at his place for the night so they could continue hanging out with each other until they'd fall asleep. And actually even after it.

But no. Kagami didn't think the same way, and the bluenette thought that it'd be maybe a bit too early to ask to come. They had known each for not so long. It'd be too rude.