The morning after

The gossip of the day at Cage and Fish once again revolved around the subject of Ally and Larry. Word had gotten round that Nelle had seen the pair at a romantic Italian restaurant. So there was no doubt what the couple did after dinner. As much as Ally denied or refused to talk about it.

Even though she wouldn't even tell her best friend Renee, the previous night had been long overdue and Larry most certainly did not disappoint.

"Ally you seem to have a new spring in your step," Richard commented, noticing something slightly different about his colleague. "I know it's none of my business but as your employer I need to make sure all my employees are taken care of...so that being said...Were you and Larry into one another last night?" the founder of Cage & Fish asked so casually as if it was a subject of usual conversation in a work place.

Ally gave a silent gasp as she looked upon Richard with an expression of disgust and disdain at how he could have had the audacity to ask her about such a private matter. If Renee didn't know about what happened the previous night, there was no way Ally was going to reveal all to Richard. No matter how much he asked her to. "You're right it is none of your business Richard, now is that all because I'm pretty sure you have a client waiting outside your office." she nodded towards where an older looking man was standing rather impatiently for the lawyer.

"Oh not him again... I hate this case, I wouldn't be defending him or his wife if they weren't paying me..just be there for this morning's meeting we have a new man joining our team," Richard complained as he left Ally's side. He would much rather be with Ling and helping her, ever since he had found out about her diagnosis he had rarely left her side. And Ling being Ling was getting fed up of being molly coddled just because she was sick.

"Don't even think about asking, Elaine," Ally was quick to warn her assistant as she walked into her office. Why did everyone always take an interest in her personal life? Especially when Larry was involved?

Elaine issued one of her sickly sweet grins and shrugged slightly as she set Ally's files on her desk. "Well by the looks of it you two had a great time last night.. with Larry taking you from your girl's night in for a little rendezvous.." the assistant smirked.

"Elaine!"Ally exclaimed with shock and wide eyes. 

"What?" Elaine asked as if she didn't know how inappropriate she was being.

But Ally was having none of it and held her office door open, "Out. Now," she instructed firmly with gritted teeth.

But her assistant just smirked and headed to the door, "Don't forget you have the morning meeting in one hour," Elaine reminded as she left the office.

"Thank you Elaine, what would I do without you?" Ally forced a fake smile across her features before closing the door. Finally having her much needed privacy which she knew wouldn't last long. The truth of the matter was that the previous night was more perfect than she could have ever imagined. And long overdue. Well Larry was always one to surprise her easily. And he was the only one who could actually get her to feel like she wasn't alone anymore. It always was perfect with Larry around. Her boyfriend. Ally still had to pinch herself to make sure she wasn't dreaming or hallucinating like she often did. She was in a relationship with the man  her heart ever completely and truly loved.

Though there were times where she felt vulnerable with Sarah around, during the events of the previous night, Larry finally was able to persuade Ally that she was the most important woman in his world. And neither of them wanted to risk losing each other again. 

"Hey honey, is everyone still bugging you on the details of what you and I did last night?" Larry smirked on the phone to Ally while getting ready to meet a client.