Ally vs Larry

"Are you being serious?" Ally stood back, this had all happened so quickly. She was hardly prepared to start anything again with Larry, not after the last time. He had left her not once but twice and always found a way to squirm back into her life. Was this the right thing to do? Ally's heart was screaming for the opportunity to try and make it work again between her and Larry but her head kept punching in the reminder that he had a whole load of baggage that Ally wasn't sure she could handle again. It hurt her so much the last time. But she couldn't lose him again...

What do I do? Ally thought to herself, biting her lip nervously.

"Well I'm not joking," Larry walked closer to Ally, shutting the door behind him. Her apartment had not changed at all in the last three years that he had been away. "It goes without saying but I love you Ally Mcbeal." His words sounded so genuine and Ally persuaded herself that she wouldn't hear Larry's voice again until he turned up unexpectedly. "You think it's that easy? That we can just go back to where we left off?"

Larry smiled widely, "We're a third of the way there at best," he commented, his voice brewing with his usual sense of confidence.

"A third?" Ally scoffed, Larry always had such a unique sense of humour that she just couldn't fault. "Oh please, you're just being full of yourself!" She retorted sarcastically, humouring him.

Was she imagining this? Larry was really standing in her apartment. Ally remembered all those times when she wasn't sure whether Larry even liked her! This all just felt like a dream, caught up in Larry's complicated life but honestly? She didn't mind! She smiled dreamily at Larry as memories replayed in her mind. Like how when Larry had to go back to Detroit the first time, she found a snowman resembling Larry by her doorstep with a note reading, 'I'll be back.' Ally was missing Larry so much that she had kept the snowman in the freezer until Larry came back. There was another time when Larry had been at deposition all day and had missed Ally's thirty third birthday, only to make it up to her by bringing Sting along to perform at her party. He always did know how to treat her right even though things did sometimes get difficult. But really, what relationship is without it's hard times?

"Could I offer you a drink? Coffee?" Ally spoke out, realising she had kept unsually quiet as both Larry and Sarah were giving her concerned looks. Larry gave a hint of a smile, "You could but I'd decline, I've got some work to do before court tomorrow." Ally nodded, she was wide eyed and still rather belwildered by the enitre escapade of events. "Will I see you again?" she asked, not listening to the words coming out of her mouth. "Of course you will," Larry had an expression of amusement, he narrowed his eyes a little, teasingly, "You'll see me in court tomorrow." It took Ally a few short seconds to register what Larry had just meant, of course! She was working on the same case with Sarah. Larry, noticing Ally's delayed response from her confusion couldn't wipe the smile that was fixed on his face. He smugly lifted his left index up saying, "One to me."

Ally rolled her eyes with a sigh, "Don't start that again!"

Just then the trio heard the door to Ally's apartment open and close, the sound of heels approaching the living room alerted them, bringing about a sense of uneasy tension. "Hey Ally," Renee sounded as she dropped her bags to the side of the room, not looking into the room properly yet. "Sorry I was late you wouldn't believe the trouble I had with Elaine, well actually you might seeing as... what the-?" Renee finally noticed the two guests, Sarah and Larry in her apartment, not sure what was going on. "Larry.." she nodded a little as the woman spoke cautiously.

"Renee." Larry responded, quickly and blunt sounding. He removed his eye contact from her after a few moments, placing his gaze elsewhere. This was rather awkward, not just for Larry but all the three women too. But seeing how he was the only man in the apartment. Larry couldn't help but feel somewhat out of place - taking into account the events that led up to this encounter.