Three's a crowd

"Excuse me?" Larry raised an eyebrow from disbelief, taking his glasses off. "I'm sorry it just sounded like you said you're pregnant!" Had he heard her correctly. How he wished that he did and that Sarah had said something else. "Please correct me," his tone was very serious. Sarah kept her gaze lowered and her hands held together, this was going to be hard, "Larry I am pregnant.." she spoke quietly, "But I'm not going to have this discussion with you right now."

Larry took a moment to breathe and understand the situation, "Is that why you asked for a divorce? Because you're pregnant?" He had been trying to work out the answer as to why Sarah was acting weird, but he could never have foreseen this. "Larry I know how much you love Ally and I didn't want to get in the way of that, you two are supposed to be together and if I hadn't called you three years ago you might have actually still been a couple." The guilt Sarah was feeling was undeniable. She was having a child who wasn't going to be the offspring of Heath, the man she loved the most. 

"So who's is it?" Larry folded his arms, a million questions coming to mind. "And more importantly Do I know him?" This was not something he had planned, had Sarah been unfaithful? That was always a possibility. But he couldn't really see Sarah as being someone who would do that. "What are you insinuating Larry? That I would throw myself at someone on whim?  Is that what you take me for?" Sarah suddenly stood up from the bed, deeply offended by Larry's suggestion of her. That was something she would never even think about doing. "Well maybe just a bit yeah," Larry retaliated sharply, "Because you are pregnant and I'm having a very hard time understanding how this has happened." Sarah sighed, she knew Larry would react like this, that's why she didn't want to tell him anything, especially not wanting him to find out this way. "Larry there's one other person after Heath that I've ever been with..." Larry looked over to her intently, his heart already knowing the words that were going to come out of her mouth. "Larry it's yours..."

Larry couldn't take this anymore, he found it difficult to accept that this was happening, after forking his fingers through his hair before leaving the room, he wasn't ready to deal with this. Sarah quickly followed him through to the main living area of the apartment. They needed to talk this through. "Larry I'm sorry.." she pleaded with him not wanting an argument to lead from this, the last thing she wanted to do was hurt Larry but it seemed like the news was doing just that. "It's not your fault," Larry shook his head with his back turned to Sarah, leaning forwards against the table, "But you were going to leave?"

Sarah took in a deep breath, of course he was going to ask about that, "Truth be told, I didn't know what I was doing." Larry turned to face Sarah as she came nearer to him, neither one knowing exactly what to say to one another. "I can't believe this is happening again, first Sam and now with you, when I married you Sarah this isn't how I planned for things to go!" Sarah put a nervous but comforting hand on Larry's back, "You're just having an emotional reaction to it ju-" but she was cut off. Her words were reminiscent of what Jaimie once said to him. "And I have every right to show some emotion Sarah, you're having my child!" He paused, what he just uttered repeating in his head, "you're having my child..."

Sarah swallowed, unable to believe it herself, "I am.." she replied not realising the small smile that was appearing on her face. "How long have you known?" Larry asked once he had calmed down a bit, this was all too surreal. "Since yesterday, I got a phone call at work about some results that came through, I never thought it would result in me being pregnant." This was going to ruin the progress he and Ally were making together, but on the other hand he was having another child who he could do right by this time. He wasn't sure how he felt about all this. Sarah herself felt as if she had betrayed her late husband. She had lost a child before. "You were packing, If I hadn't had stopped you I would never have seen my kid." Larry broke the silence, "Just like how Jaimie barely lets me have a connection to Sam,"