Back to Reality

It was the happiest day of her life, the day Ally had been looking forward to for as long as she could remember. Her wedding day. She just never imagined she was going to be getting married to the amazing man she had ever met, the one who knew exactly how to annoy her yet she couldn't bring herself to possibly live without him. Larry Paul. He had finally asked for her hand in marriage and Ally agreed in an instant.

All pain she felt before with him leaving the first time had been swept away, she knew Larry was the one for her. Not even Billy, her childhood sweetheart, could come close to how Larry ruled her heart.

Her mother had given Ally a moment alone before the time came for her to make that long awaited walk down the aisle. So there she was admiring her reflection, wearing a long, white, off the shoulder with the most beautiful embroidery and a hint of blue. Her hair braided oh so delicately in a gorgeous side braid. The dress was figure hugging with a low back and gave a sense of elegance making Ally feel like a princess in her own fairytale. A dream that was finally coming true.

She remembered how Larry had proposed, it happened so unexpectedly and was done in the most romantic way.

"What are we doing here Larry?" Ally reminisced, thinking back to when he proposed to her. It wasrather late one evening and Larry insisted she wear a blindfold until he took her to a certain area in Central Park of all places. To her surprise, when the blindfold was lifted from her the sight blew her away. Larry somehow had managed to light up the area surrounded by trees with golden glowing fairy lights along with a vilonist playing in the background. It all added to the romance of the moment. "Oh.. did you do this?"

"No I just hijacked somebody else's special surprise for his girlfriend's birthday," Larry replied with his usual effortless sarcasm, wrapping his arms around Ally's waist, inhaling her perfume as they gently swayed to the music. "Happy birthday Ally, I love you more than you'd ever know."

"I don't think that could ever be true," Ally smiled, a blush creeping up her cheeks as she turned round in Larry's arms to face him, one hand stroking his hair, "Because my love for you has no limits."

"Ally you are the woman I dreamt about, I'd rather die than not have you in my life." Larry was too attached to Ally to let her slip away from him again. And his heartfelt confession just left her utterly speechless, making her believe more strongly than ever that they were made to be together. That was the reason why fate brought them back after three years of being apart.

Just when Ally leant in closer, expecting Larry to kiss her, he pulled away much to her shock and lowered himself down to bended knee.Without him saying anything, the tears already began to well in her eyes, recognising what was happening.

"I fell in love with you the moment you stepped through the door to my office, expecting to see your therapist," Larry began, his gaze lowered to grassy floor, slowly rising up to her eyes as his confidence improved. He wanted nothing more than this.

Ally's bottom lip instantly began to quiver as she listened to Larry's speech, her heart sending waves of overwhelming happiness through her.

"I found in you my best friend, love and my soul mate," he had a unique way with words that got to Ally deeply, "Allison Marie McBeal, will you marry me?"

"It took you so long to ask," Ally laughed through the tears of joy, hugging Larry, her arms round his neck as she shared a lingering meaningful kiss with him. "Of course I will marry you Larry."

"Let's make it official," Larry gave her a smile she had never seen before on him as he slipped on the diamond ring, The same one he had brought those few years ago.