After all this time

"Did you hear?" Nelle started, her and Ling were the two who would often stir the gossip about Ally in particular in the workplace and this morning was no exception, "There's going to be a new person working here."

"Ugh!" Ling rolled her eyes, she was the fierce tiger of the team who nobody in their right mind would want to cross, "They're probably not going to be that good considering Ally was the one who chose them!"

"I totally agree!" Nelle laughed spitefully, holding a cup of coffee in her hand, she and Ally never saw eye to eye, they never even worked on a case together, "given her track record with men, she won't be the ideal person to choose the new lawyer at the firm!"

John, a short, slightly older man with curly brownish blonde hair but with a receding hairline could not hear it any longer. He and Ally had been friends for a long time and john was not going to allow her to be made fun of, "Hey Ally's one of the best people we've got, and she's been through a lot so give her a break!" Needless to say, this spontaneous reaction shut the two ladies up and the added response from Renee, who had just stepped out from the lift stopped Nelle and Ling from saying anything else, "be glad you still have a job!"

Meanwhile, Ally was in her office with Sarah giving her the low down of the company and providing her own opinion on who to avoid as much as possible - namely Ling and Nelle.

"When do I get my first case?" Sarah rubbed her hands together, she was ready and eager to begin. Ally was still bothered by wondering who Sarah was to Larry, not accepting the fact that she might not even know him at all and that the surname was just a mere coincidnce, "Well we have a meeting in the mornings to discuss the caseload and," she tried to make it sound as snazzy as possible for no justified reason, "Richard and I dish it out to those who want it." Richard being the leading CEO of the firm.

While Ally was just about finishing up breifing Sarah about the ins and outs of the firm, who should happen to knock on the door? The inquisitive and borderline nosey secretary, Elaine. "Yes Elaine?" Ally sighed, fully expecting her to be at the door. Elaine smiled and laughed sheeplishly, she was quite a ditzy sort of character and Sarah for one was quite amused, "Well Richard is going to start todays meeting but I wasnt sure if you were free for it."

Ally set her jaw, glancing over at Elaine, she new exactly what her secretary wanted and what everyone in Cage and Fish wanted, to see the new colleague, the first one she had ever chosen and it was obvious they just wanted to judge her, "Elaine," Ally breathed, her bottom lip pouting slightly, "I will be coming to the meeting, you and the others don't need to worry about that."

"Sorry about her," Ally pointed towards the open doorway from which Elaine just left, "she can be just a tad overfamilar." Sarah laughed politely at this, "You've got to hand it to her she's quite friendly."

"She is actually, and she can sing too, she absolutely loves that," Ally replied, rushed and quickly gathering up some documents and files for the meeting, "Shall we?" she motioned out of the room and guided Sarah to the meeting room, of course as she did so their were preying eyes all around watching her every move.

"Hey guys!" Ally burst into the meeting room, today it seemed that RIchard only required the presence of Ally with Sarah, John, Mark, Corretta and Jackson. "Good morning Ally," Richard responded, for some reason he always sounded sarcastic, Ally always thought it was something to do with him having a big ego and incredible self-esteen - well he was rich! "And who is this fine lady joining us?"

"This is the new girl," Ally smiled smugly as she answered for she virtually saw all the mouths of the people in the room drop open, she knew they all assumed that she going to hire a guy and did not expect the outcome that prevailed.