In sickness and in health

"Larry I'm alright," Sarah groaned weakly after throwing up yet again, sinking back onto the comfort of her soft pillows and mattress. "There's honestly no need to make such a fuss!" Larry had been looking after her all day and now that night fell he wanted to make sure she was comfortable and got the rest she needed. "You and I have a very different definition on being alright," Larry commented, an eyebrow raised with a small yet warm smile as he pulled the covers over the sick woman gently. "So you always look this pale and sickly when you're feeling alright?" his sarcasm as always proving his point so efficiently. He felt it his duty to look after Sarah, not only because of them being married or the promise he made to Heath (Sarah's late husband), but because they shared an incredibly strong friendship that spanned many years since childhood. A bond like that never truly goes away for anyone, Larry and Sarah were no exception. "I am always going to look after you, in sickness and in health."

"Larry.." Sarah responded a little sternly, she felt guilty that she ruined Ally and Larry's moment outside the courtroom because she fell ill. "Are you going to be like this everytime I come down with something?" It's not that she didn't like this kind treatment from Larry, it was just that she hated feeling dependent on others, something that being ill had forced on her. "Yes I will," Larry clarified, not changing his decision on that any time soon and kissed Sarah's forehead softly. He cared for her so much. Sarah sighed, giving into Larry's insistence, knowing he was always going to help her whether she wanted it or not. "And tomorrow morning honey you are going to the doctors," he instructed, playfully tapping at her nose. "Do I have to?" Sarah complained like a child, the last time she went to the doctors was the morning of the same day when she gave birth to a stillborn. The doctors had assured her that everything was alright. The events that happened later showed that things clearly weren't. "You know what I feel about going to that place, even if it is a different surgery than the one in Detroit." Larry, who had now joined to lie by Sarah from the other side of the bed, his arm round her shoulders, keeping an eye on her, "I know, I was there," he uttered lightly, taking her hand in his, "but this time things are different, there's no risk of that happenig again.." this was a touchy subject, any more time spent on it could set Sarah off again. It hurt her physically and emotionally to an extent that she never thought possible. "I'm just worried for you Sar," Larry whispered, planting another kiss on her head, "this is the second time this week that you have been like this." The first being two days before Sarah's interview. Sarah stayed quiet, she really did not want to go, even if she came across as being stubborn she didn't care. "Sar, Sarah Denise Paul, would you do this for me please," he asked iressistibely, determined to have his way in this little debate, "Either way I'm going to ring up the surgery tomorrow morning and book you an appointment." His mind was made up.

"But what about work?" Sarah was trying anything to get out of going to the doctors, "I've only been there for a few days, it won't look good!" Larry looked down, bemused, at Sarah, his eyebrows creased and a confused smirk on his lips, "Since when did you care what people think?" He slowly got up, fixing the sheets around Sarah as he did so, "Now get some sleep honey okay?" Larry put another kiss to her forehead before leaving the room. And that was the end of that discussion. Larry had won.... yet again.

The night passed by peacefully, and Sarah slept through it quite soundly, well despite waking up every few hours with the overwhelming sensation of being sick. "Hey Sammy, how are you buddy?" Larry's voice travelled through the apartment, waking up Sarah that morning. He was on the phone with his now eleven year old son Sam who lived over in Detroit with his mother. Over the past three years, Larry and Sam's father-son relationship had grown stronger and it was safe to say aspects of Larry's personality had rubbed off on the young boy. "So you're mom's taking you on a skiing vacation" Larry responded to something Sam had said, Sarah only hearing Larry's half of the conversation as she got up from bed to get dressed for the day, still feeling a little woozy. "It'll give you an excuse to wear those sneakers I bought you, the ones 'you just had to have'" Larry laughed, speaking on the phone to his son wasn't the same as seeing him face to face but unfortunately it was the way things had to be. Jamie, Sam's mother, was insisting on being difficult again and Larry didnt see it in his best interests to deal with that. Sarah, her hair brown brushed and loose on her shoulders, dressed in a long brown skirt, accompanied by a plain cream blouse, opened the door of her bedroom seeing Larry just about hanging up the phone call with his son, "Oh you're up," Larry turned around to see her walking to him, "I had a bowl of cold water ready to wake you with," he teased, with a serious facade. "Ha. Ha. Very funny," Sarah shot him a playful glare, rolling her eyes.