Chapter 2

When I woke up I was lying on a white bed in a white room with a white dress. What is with their obsession with the color white? I looked down at myself in the white dress. Wow I can't believe they changed me, that is totally not in my comfort zone especially with strangers. Lying on the night stand was a note.

Welcome Kristen,
This room will be yours for the next 2 days. On the 3rd day the games will begin. Feel free to do whatever you please. In the first drawer there are a few things that could possibly interest you and in the second drawer are your meal menus. Once you have picked your choices just slide the paper under the door. Under this paper you may have noticed the bracelet. It must remain on you the entire time of the games. Don't worry the bracelet is specially designed so it will not hurt you if you transform. Have fun.
-The Council
I looked under the note and saw the bracelet. It was a beautiful silver banded bracelet with a blue stone and on the other side it said my name, Kristen Coy. I put the bracelet on my wrist and walked over to the door. I pushed on the door but of course it is locked. Then I walked over to the small bathroom that I haven't noticed before. I walked inside happy to see that there is a shower.

I took the dress off and hopped in the shower feeling the warm water relax my muscles. After washing off I stepped out of the shower surprised to see a towel on the sink counter along with another plain white dress with a bra and underwear. These people are seriously creepy. Coming in here when I'm not paying attention. You'd think with werewolf senses I would be able to tell but theses people are professionals. I walked back into my room to see that there was also breakfast on the bed. As I began eating I could hear the screams of another person being brought in. Apparently they didn't drug them. I could hear the struggle through the walls as they were dragged into a room. The room had to be somewhere close, I think it even might be right next to me.

A few minutes later I could hear a girl sobbing in the room next to mine. I walked over to the wall and sat beside of it. I might as well try to meet some of the people I'll be in the dome with.

"I don't know if you can hear me but my name is Kristen."
I didn't get a response.
"Look I know it's scary but the fact is when we get into that dome we won't have these walls protecting us."
I heard the girl speak. "What do you think they'll do with us?"
"We will be hunted for days then after the week ends we can go home."
"I don't think it will be that easy, I've heard the rumors."
"Everyone has heard the rumors but we won't know what will happen until we get there."
"Are you scared?"
I thought about it for a moment. I knew I was scared but I needed to stay strong.
"Yes of course I'm scared but we shouldn't be."
"Why?" The girl spoke. "We don't know what they will do to us."
"They can't harm us."
"I'm not scared for myself."
"Then why are you scared."
"I'm in love with a boy back home."
"Why would you do that you know you have a mate."

I had been with guys before but it never went farther then a few dates. I could never get attached to someone and break their heart when I found my mate. Some mates were rejected but it's rare that once they find each other that they won't stay together.

"I know that's why we broke up last week."
"You might not feel like it was the best decision now but hopefully once you meet your mate you'll be happier."
"Thanks Kristen and by the way my name is Aria."

Then I got off the floor and sat on the white bed. I filled out the meals I wanted and then slid it under the door. Then there was a paper that I got right after.

Dear Kristen,
There will be a gathering in the dining hall tomorrow at lunch. Be ready by nine there will be a knock on your door.
-The Council

How exactly did they expect me to be ready by a certain time. It's not like I have a clock. Oh well.