Chapter 9

Just wanted to say a quick thank you to all of my readers, I love seeing all of your comments and they really encourage me to update as soon as I can. With that being said, please continue to vote and comment. Your support is always appreciated and I hope you enjoy my story. ;)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My head was throbbing as I came to an aware state of unconsciousness.

I could feel the cold concrete scrapping against by back and my limp legs as if they were dragging me, to where, I had no idea. My wrist stung as someone's nails dug into my skin and my arms ached like I had attempted to lift an elephant.

Murmurs were heard in the distance but I couldn't hear or process what was being said. It was like a fog was cast over my mind.

A presence was above me, looming over, like the kind of unknown danger that makes your skin crawl. I couldn't see them but I could feel the taut air between us. Every nerve cell in my body screamed at my body to move. Every attempt failed. It was like I was drowning within myself.

My airway felt constricted as if my lungs were filled with water.

Warm hands were suddenly on my face and foreign lips upon my own.

Once again I attempted to move parts of my body, my arm, my leg. I tried everything. I needed to get this person off of me.

It felt like bricks were piled onto my chest, then all at once I felt the urge to throw up. My eyes flew open and I used all of the strength I could muster to push off the person looming over me.

My body sprang up and then I hunched over again as I threw up all of the contents of my stomach, as well as coughing up bucket loads of water.

"Thank the angels," I heard Aria say as I looked up to make eye contact with her.

I was happy she was still alive. As much trouble as she has already gotten us into, I was glad she was here.

In one quick motion a girl I had not noticed ripped me up by my hair. A growl rose in my throat as I turned to face her.

She ignored me as she stalked over to the guy I had earlier knocked over, she checked out the scratches on his arm that he had sustained when I knocked him over.

Wow, I didn't realize that I had pushed him that hard. I probably should have been a little nicer but I was freaked out in the moment.

I took a minute to look at the both of them. They both had the same blonde hair and green eyes. It was possible that they were in a relationship but with the resemblance, the most logical answer would be that they're siblings.

I decided to ask anyways, "Are y'all siblings?"

The spitfire turned to me again.

"We don't have time for your dumb questions, we've already wasted enough time saving your lives. I would've left you here, but Alex just had to be the hero. Besides you two are the only reason we have to leave in the middle of the night because you couldn't keep your loud mouths shu-"

Alex's deep voice interrupted her, "Jade we don't have time for this, soon this whole building will be surrounded and I can already hear them coming up the stairs."

He was right, I could hear the heavy breathing of several men running up the stairs.

Both of the siblings turned on their heels in sync and walked through the doors that lead inside from the pool balcony.

I looked at Aria skeptically as we started walking to catch up with them. Before we got inside I grabbed Aria's arm and whispered into her ear, "I don't trust them, we need to leave them as soon as it's safe enough."

Aria looked at me as I spoke but didn't say anything. Her facial expression wasn't the reaction that I was hoping it for and that made it a bit hard to gauge her reaction.

When I looked back to see where we were being led to I saw Jade glaring me down.

There's no way she could've heard what I said.

We walked down several hallways as my nerves began to build up.

My head was still pounding and it was quite hard to ignore, what sounded like, a heard of buffalo storming up the stairs. 

I almost ran into Alex's back as he came to a sudden stop and unhooked a latch in the wall.

"You've got to be kidding me," the words escaped my mouth before I even had the chance to stop them.

Jade started speaking as if she had been just waiting to argue with me again. "Try and run, I'd love to see how far you would get, or better yet, just give up."

This girl really knows how to try my patience.

I smiled sweetly at her as I gripped the top of the silver plated metal death trap and swung my legs inside, once again falling into the dark abyss.