Chapter 3

The next morning I woke up to my door shutting. I looked over and saw food beside me on the table. I got up and grabbed a piece of toast on the way to the bathroom. I took a shower then put on another of the magically appearing dresses. I finished eating my food then started brushing my hair. Just as I was finishing with my hair I heard a knock on the door. I stood up and I suddenly got very nervous. Would everyone be there? Would I see my mate? I took a few nervous steps to the door and peaked out. Beside the door were black heels. They expected me to where these? I'm horrible when it comes to heels. I always wear flats because there is no way I'm breaking my neck. I slipped on the heels just as the door next to my room opened up.

The girl I had been talking to walked out. She looked at me and walked over and gave me a hug.
"I was wondering when they would finally let us out of those dreadful rooms. There's too much white."
I laughed when she said that. "I definitely agree."

She looked down at the floor to see matching black heels beside of her door. She slipped them on.

"We should probably go before we are late. The council doesn't like tardiness." she said.
"Why are you so worried about what the council wants?"
"I got a warning this morning?"
"How and from who?"
"From a note of course. They don't like my habit for over sleeping."
I laughed at her response as we started walking to the end of the hall.
"What happened?
"Well after they tried to wake me up by slamming my door I just rolled over then about ten minutes later I got a knock on my door. This made me frantic because I thought in was time to go to the dining hall so I got up and there was a note in the doorway so I picked it up and it told me I needed to get ready because this meeting is mandatory."
"Haha wow they really tricked you."

As I struggled to walk in the heels we finally reached what I think is where we are supposed to be. Two double doors were opened and we walked into a room with several hundred people. There were so many tables and chairs around the room. The good thing is that there were no males. Then we saw a women walk up to the front of the room and step on top of a table. Aria and I went and sat at a table with 4 other girls I didn't recognize as we were told to sit down. Then we all turned towards the woman at the front of the room.

"Welcome ladies to the beginning of the rest of your lives. I know some of you are scared but you are safe here. Over the next few days you will be able to search for your mate and hopefully accept them into your life. Now I know it won't be easy to give up your life at home but sometimes that is the price of love."

No I didn't want to give up my life at home. I never wanted to come here in the first place. I won't leave my family just for a guy. I'm their only child. I had heard about girls being taken away by their mates but I wouldn't let that happen to me.

The woman at the front kept speaking. "Now some of you might know that for the last few years the dome has been placed in the forest but this year the dome will be placed around a city." There were a few gasps from the crowd. Then an image was projected onto one of the walls. It showed a city that looked deserted.
"In this city there will be food and fully furnished places for you to stay."

Then the wall showed a bunch male photos. "These are the men that will be looking for there mates."

Every single girl scanned the trying to spot a picture of their mate even though they knew they couldn't tell just by a picture. A few moments later the pictures disappeared and the woman spoke again.

"Sorry ladies but there has been a change of plans you will not be going to the dome tomorrow......."
A few of the girls cried out and a few sighed with relief.

"You will be going to the dome tonight."