Chapter 5

I walked over to the door and saw a short women that looked to be about in her late twenties.

"Hello Kristen I am here to take you to your bus." I grabbed my bag and followed the woman down the hall the opposite way from the dining hall. We walked down several hallways that I would never be able to remember and then walked down a staircase and out a door. I looked around and noticed many other girls being lead to different buses.

"Where are all the guys?"
"Don't worry you''ll have plenty of time to find your mate in the dome."
"They won't be riding with us?"
"No they aren't even in the same building."
"Oh then where are they?"
"A few miles down the road for safety precautions."

She led me to a sleek black bus. "Alright this is where I leave you good luck."
I watched her as she walked away. Wow that was short. I turned around and looked at the bus. On the side there was a weird square with a blue light. A girl walked up to the bus beside me. She placed the wrist with her bracelet on inside the cube until the light turned green then the doors opened and she walked in. The doors shut immediately behind her. I tried to do the same thing by placing my wrist inside and when the light turned green the doors opened. I stepped inside the bus and found a seat in the middle of the bus. This place is really high tech, they don't have those types of things were I live except for at the clubs but I never knew what to do to use them.

More and more girls kept getting on the bus then about 10 minutes later the bus started moving. I could feel the butterflies in my stomach. I wonder how long my mom and dad worried when I was taken. Did they even tell them?
I looked around at some of the other girls they were laughing and talking about some of the alpha's. Most of them were wearing either casual shirts and jeans or dresses while I was the only one in athletic clothing. At least I was practical, I didn't know when I would be able to change.

I sighed I really missed home. I wondered what it will be like in the dome. I thought I would have someone like Aria with me but it seems we were put on different buses. Hopefully I will see her sometime during the week. I guess i'll just have to do this alone.

We drove for about an hour and a half until we could here the howling of wolves. All of the talking suddenly stopped. We knew not to howl back because it would give away our location. Males would circle us and there would be chaos. Then the bus stopped. I tried to look out of the window but it was to tinted to see anything. Then the doors opened.

Once again I could feel the butterflies in my stomach as I stood up to leave. I got off the bus at the same time as many other girls. We all looked around and started sniffing the air. We could smell them but only faintly. They must be on the other side of the dome. As soon as everyone got of the bus they speed away. For a minute we all looked at each other confusion in our eyes. They just left us here with no explanation at all. I'm only 18 and this is the first time I've been into the dome.

Some of the girls started talking as they walked off in search of their mate. I'm not stupid and I won't wait here in this opening waiting for any crazy male to find me. I started walking to the closest building in search of a place to stay. I walked up to the door and pulled on the handle it wouldn't budge. What did they do drop us off in a city with a bunch of locked buildings?

Then the sound I heard made my heart drop. There was another howl but this one was only a few blocks away. My heart started beating rapidly as I ran to the next building. Luckily this building was unlocked. I walked inside to find the lobby of what looked like an apartment building. I started jogging up the stairs and went all way to the 4th floor but once I walked onto the forth floor I heard someone coming up the stairs. I wasn't in here alone.