Chapter 37

Riley's POV

Today was the parade and the whole city of Chicago had come out for it.

All the players are really excited about it, I can tell they love giving back to the fans.

We would be loading onto the buses soon. A few of the players were still finishing up some interviews and then would be heading out.

I didn't see Abby nor Maddy anywhere, they probably followed Patrick when he was caring the cup.

Great. Now I have no idea which bus is which.

I decide to walk outside and hope that maybe there's sign or something that would let me know which bus I'm on.

Nope.

Unfortunately I wasn't on the same bus as Mia, so I couldn't even ask her.

Great. I think to myself as I walk between busses, trying to figure which one is which.

Leave it to me to not know which one to get onto.

"Having trouble?"

I look over my shoulder to see Jon smirking ear to ear

I feel a grin spread across my face, man am I glad to see him.

"You wouldn't happen to know which bus my uncle is on, would you?"I ask tilting my head

"Ah right this away." Jon smiles, as he intertwines are hands, leading me into the other direction.

You could hear the cheers of fans rising, from the other side of the busses. I'm guessing we're about to began quite soon.

"And there you are." Jon says stopping in front of the bus

"Thank you." I say kissing his cheek

I feel Jon wrap his arms around my waist, pulling me closer to him.

"You want to do this in front of everyone?" I ask bitting my lip

I didn't care if people knew about us, but I wasn't sure if he wanted to keep us as a secret for now or not.

"Why not, it's about time I show them that you're mine." He grins "Unless you don't want you people to know?"

"No not at all, I just wasn't sure what you wanted that's all."

"Your all I want." Jon tells me, leaning in, as I wrap my arms around his neck. Once our lips touch they fall into sync, and call me a love struck teenager, but I swear every time we kiss it's more powerful then the last.

"I'll see you at the rally then." He winks as we pull away

"Yup." I smile as he gives me on last kiss before walking to his bus.

That boy has captured my heart, I just hope he never lets go of it.

I regain my thoughts as I walk onto the bus, only to be bombard with glares from Patrick.

I'm guessing he saw that.

I feel my face heat up, so I take the closest seat I could find, which just so happens to be next to Abby and Maddy.

"That was some kiss." Abby smirks

"You saw that?"

"Yeah the whole bus did." She chuckles

"Ugh." I sigh, sliding down in my chair

I wasn't embarrassed of Jon or anything, I'm just not that kind of person who likes to put on a show for anyone.

"Hey it's okay, it was really cute." Abby encourages

I give her a small smile

"I gotta say though I didn't know you guys were together."

"We recently just got together."

"Aww well I'm happy for you." Abby smiles

"Thanks." I smile

"And don't worry he'll come around too." She says gesturing to Patrick who was in a deep conversation with Duncan Keith

Abby and I chat for a little bit more, before the parade begins.

The atmosphere was just unbelievable. There were fans everywhere, I swear they covered up half of the city. There were seas of red all over the streets, I can see why they love doing this, the fans are just incredible.

"Wow." I breathe, stepping off the bus.

"Amazing isn't it?" Abby asks

"Yeah."

"You would think for after three times, it couldn't get better, but I swear these fans never seem to stop impressing us." Patrick joins in "They truly are amazing ."

I just nod in agreement as we make our way into the stadium for the rally

"If you thought the fans at the parade were incredible just wait for the rally you'll be speechless." Abby smirks

I smile eagerly.

I love seeing the players interact with the fans, it just shows how much they appreciate them.

Before I know it they guys are lining up, and are being called one by one according to their numbers.

I was able to find Mia who was with Pat, whom was waiting for his turn to be called.

After he finally goes, Jon comes and a waits patiently besides me. Once he is finally called, he gives me a kiss on the check before climbing the stairs to enter the stage.

"I'm sorry but am I missing something?" Mia asks very confused

I had to stiffen my laughter at her reaction.

"Oh um surprise, we're dating now."

"Since when?"

"Monday." I reply

"You're lucky you guys are cute together or else I would of be extremely mad at you for not telling me sooner." Mia informs me

"Yeah, yeah." I roll my eyes at her.

I watch as Jon makes his speech in his raspy voice, that I find attractive.

"Looks like someone was partying to hard." Mia smirks

I playfully roll my eyes at her once more

We watch as he enlightens the crowd with "lets get a fourth."

"That's your boy." Mia chuckles as the crowds of people go wild

I smile to the fact that's what I said to her other day

"Yeah that is."

_______________
I hoped you enjoyed the chapter.

Just want to let you know that there are only a couple chapters left, but there will be a sequel to it!
Check out my Jack Eichel story called The Healing

Anyway tell me what you think!

Enjoy!:)