Chapter 14

"The real lover is a man who can thrill you by kissing your forehead or smiling into your eyes or just starring into space."

Marilyn Monroe

Riley's POV

Tonight was the night of the party, not to mention it was Christmas Eve as well. Despite the many hours of decorating, the house was finished, with less than an hour to spare. I'd have to say, we did one hell of a job, the house looked great, in my opinion of course. Although Abby and I did most of the work, while Patrick ran around the house like a chicken with it's head caught off.

I headed upstairs to take a quick shower before getting ready, since people would be here, less than an hour. I take my time doing my hair and makeup, wanting to look decent. After I finish curling my hair, I then put on a strapless, champagne color sequin dress. I usually wouldn't wear a strapless dress, it's just not me, but something about it caught my attention. I then put on a pair of silver heels.

"Oh boy this going to be fun." I think to myself

I put on a gold bracelet and a pair of studded earrings, taking one last look in the mirror before leaving my room. As I get to the top of the stairs, I can hear quite a few people downstairs. I take my time walking down the stairs, making sure I don't fall, in these heels. I look around and my eyes land on a very handsome Jonathan Toews. I see his face break out into a huge grin as our eyes meet. He winks at me before excusing himself from the conversation and walking towards me. I managed to make it down the stairs without falling.

"Hey!" Jon says as he approaches me, in a black tux, with a silver tie

"Hey!" I smile, hugging him

"You look beautiful!" He whispers in my ear, before pulling away

"Thanks!" I blush

"Shall we?" He asks holding his arm out

"We shall!" I smile, grabbing onto his arm

Jon leads me over to Mia and Pat. Pat's wearing a black tux similar to Jon's but has a black tie on instead. As for Mia, she's wearing a beautiful, long, white, sequin dress, that falls to the ground, but still able to see her gold pumps. She looks absolutely stunning.
We make small talk, before Pat and Jon offer to get us some drinks.

"So you and Johnny boy eh?" Mia questions raising her eyebrows, as we take a seat at some table

"Ugh" I groan "Mia we've been through this, we're just friends."

"Like friends with benefits?"

"No! Just friends, nothing else!"

"OK, gotcha you guys are 'just friends'"
Mia smirks using quotations

I roll my eyes at her

"But have you ever thought, about being more than friends?"

"It doesn't matter what I think, he only sees me as a friend." I sigh

It's silent for a minute before a smirk spreads across her face

"But you don't, do you?"

Just as I'm about to open my mouth I shut twice as fast.

"Here you go ladies." Pat says
handing Mia a drink as Jon hands me one

"Thanks!" Mia and I both say, as Pat and Jon take a seat as well.

We make some more small talk.

Pats about to say something but Mia interrupts with

"Come on Pat, lets go dance!"