Chapter 39

Riley's POV

Today was the celebration of the greatest country in the world, to Kaner of course. I myself prefer the country of hockey heaven itself, Canada.

However today wasn't just a party about American, this party would mark that the season was finally over, and everyone would be going their own way, just until training camp obviously, but let's face it everyone knows that this team will never be the same.

There were only a couple players who went back home for the summer already, other than that most of them stuck around, but this was many of the players last week in Chicago, until next season, including mine.

I soon will be off to Winnipeg with Patrick, Abby, and Maddy, for the summer. Jonathan and Mia will also be heading back home for summer as well, and Kane of course will be off to Buffalo, but him and Mia made plans to see each other quite often during the summer, not only for the baby, but so they can start planning their wedding. They decided to wait until the baby is born before getting married, it will be a lot easier and less stressful.

As for Jonathan and I, we also made plans to see each other plenty of times throughout the summer. Patrick and Abby don't live that far away from where Jon's parents live, so it shouldn't be much of a hassle visiting one another.

It was only a quarter to ten when I had just got done putting Maddy to bed. Poor kid, didn't even make it to nine thirty.

I was on my way downs stairs, when something caught my attention. I over heard a few voices coming from the kitchen, that sounded awfully familiar.

"Come on Sharpie you don't even know if that's going to happen."

I recognized that voice, it belonged to Jonathan, and I assume by the nickname he's talking to my uncle. About what though?

"We all know it's happening, it's just a matter of time." I hear Patrick sigh

What is happening?

Neither of them say anything for a moment, before Jonathan finally speaks.

"What if she doesn't want to move in with me?"

Okay I'm even more confused then I was before, someone please explain.

"Let me ask you this, do you care for her?" I hear Patrick ask

I assume they're talking about me, but why?

"Well yeah." Jonathan answers

"Good, now do you love her?" Patrick asks

I could feel my heart beating, I wasn't sure if I wanted to hear the answer. I know he cares about me, because he often shows it, but did he really love me? We haven't even know each other for a year, and we've only been seeing each other for a little over a month now, is it possible to love someone in such short time?

"Yes."

Jonathan Toews loves me.

"Good good." I didn't have to see my uncle, to know he's smirking like an idiot right now.

"Now I know Riley loves you back, she may not admit it right now, hell she might not even realize that she does yet, but I can see it. It's the way her eyes sparkle just at the thought of you, or the way her face lights up, like a Christmas tree, when you walk into the room. I've seen it all, and I know love when I see it, and that my friend is no doubt, love."

Damn he's good.

"Look I'm not trying to get all sappy on you and persuade you into doing something you don't want to do, all I'm saying is, ever since Riley moved to Chicago, she's been happy. In fact the happiest I've seen her in a while, and I just couldn't take that away from her." Patrick explains