Chapter Eighteen: Kaleidoscope Heart

I have a surprise for u.

Cameron, please I don’t need any more of your ‘surprises’.

You’ll love it, I promise.

Mmmph, I don’t know………..

Come on, hayley, it’s a lot better then u think.

Okayyyyy fine

Meet me at the beach at 6:00 tonight

Alright, it better be good.

Oh, it will. Don’t worry ;)

J c ya then

Bye, Hayley.

          Oh, Cameron. This boy seems to get me every time. I honestly have no idea what he has up his sleeve this time, but it’s got to be something good if it deals with meeting at the beach. Hmmmmm, should I bring a swim suit?

            I opened my closet in search of something to wear. It’s crazy how much I can overthink what I’m going to wear at times like this. I might as well be considered worse then Caroline. That’s a scary thought. I shudder.

            I pick out a pair of cuffed denim shorts and a white tank top with navy blue stripes. I decide to wear my Roxy suit underneath just in case. I choose a dainty anchor necklace from Forever 21 and dark blue low-top Converse.

            I grab my bag and stuff it with a towel, my sunglasses, phone, iPod and sunscreen.

            I check my watch. It’s 5:35; I should get going.

            I run down the stairs and to the car. I open the door and start it. I sit in the semi-darkness of the car for a moment. I glance over at the Greens’ driveway. Cameron’s car isn’t there; he must have already left.

            I cruise down the street playing the Summer of Love EP by a band called Glory Days. It’s the perfect blend of summer.

            Once I reach the beach, I can see that most people have left and there’s still small groups walking around on the pier. I get out and slam the door in search of Cameron.

            I peek at the horizon and down by the marina, but I can’t seem to spot him.

            Then, all of a sudden, I can hear my name being called.

            I turn around, to see Cameron standing in front of some large stone sculpture. He’s wearing a pair of shorts and a plaid shirt with a pair of beat up Vans. His hair looks a little bit messier then usual with the light wind whipping it around. It frames his face well, I notice and then I realize that his deep green eyes are staring right at me.

            “Cameron?” I can’t help but say aloud. It’s probably like one of those moments in the movies where all is quiet and you can’t hear anything but the low tide.

            “Hayley,” he stares at me for a moment. “You look beautiful.”

            “Um, thanks I guess. Considering this is how I usual dress,” I laugh casually.

            Cameron just smiles his smile and I can’t help but grin back.

            “Come on, let me show you,” he steps closer toward me and takes my hand.