Chapter Thirty-Four: Six Feet Under the Stars

It’s so hard to believe that this summer is coming to a close. Honestly, this summer was one of the best that I’ve had. Sure, I didn’t go on vacation, but hey, I’m sure there are plenty of kids who wished they could spend it in Hollywood.

          I was thinking about it the other day-about all the things that I’ve accomplished, things I thought I would never do. For example, working at the rival magazine company, The Scene; I could never have seen myself doing that until now. Going to Warped Tour and seeing some of the coolest bands that I’ve admired for years and years. Taking long walks on the beach and picking up seashells. Getting frozen yogurt and vanilla ice cream at the pier….and the list goes on and on.

          Yet, all of this ‘stuff’ that I accomplished wouldn’t have been possible without Cameron. Seriously, as soon as he moved in, I feel like my entire life changed. I started to look at things from a new perspective and face my fears. Right now, I feel like I could do anything, I could go run five miles if I really wanted to.

          It’s like I’ve molded myself into the new Hayley Roberts. Not exactly a huge, drastic change; but I’ve been able to find myself, which I think is pretty important. I mean, everyone is going to find out who they’re destined to be at some point. I guess for me, it happened this summer.

          Anyways, Cameron and I made plans to camp out in my backyard as part of our ‘It’s the last day of summer’ celebration. We even invited Jess and Ryan, but apparently they had ‘other’ plans.

          Now, I’m sitting in my room staring at the schedule in my hands. The schedule for school. I can’t believe school is tomorrow-where has my summer gone?

          I don’t mind school that much, but after the hell of a summer I had, I don’t want to go back. At least it’s senior year and the classes I have are a bit more ‘fun’. See:

1st Period: N/A

2nd Period: N/A

3rd Period: Creative Writing

4th Period: Econ/Gov.

-Lunch-

5th Period: Intro to Web Design

6th Period: AP Lang

          Okay, that one AP class isn’t going to be much fun, but at least I don’t have a first and second period, so I can show up later in the day. Yes!

<iheartthebeatles> did u get ur schedule yet

<fantaaa92> yes! Wbu

<iheartthebeatles> yup

<fantaaa92> omg what do u have

<iheartthebeatles> no 1st and 2nd, then 3rd I have creative writing, econ/gov, intro to web design and ap lang

<fantaa92> me too-no 1st or 2nd, cuz we’re smart and we’re done with accelerated math lol

<iheartthebeatles> ikr! And no history

<fantaaa92> thank god. Us history was soo boring last yr

<iheartthebeatles> it sure was

<fantaaa92> I have econ/gov the same period and ap lang too!

<iheartthebeatles>when is ur lunch

<fantaaa92> after econ/gov

<iheartthebeatles> okay good. We can go get chipotle together then