Chapter Twenty-Six: Miserable at Best

I completely ignored him for the next few days. I blocked his number on my phone and decided I should be more focused on my job anyway. Occasionally, I would see him getting out of his car when I got home from work but I didn’t look up and wave. Instead, I would walk briskly into the house. He didn’t even try to say anything to me, which was surprising, but I guess he figured I needed some breathing room, too.

          Today, particularly, some of the other Scene crew members and I had an interview with E! News. I was excited as I pulled up to their studio and grabbed my bag out of the passenger seat. I was going to be on live TV! I gently dabbed on some lip gloss and adjusted my Scene pass which was hanging around my neck.

          I walked inside and greeted the lady at the front desk. “How may I help you?” she asked as she typed something on the computer.

          I flashed my pass. “Fifth floor. Second door on the left-you can’t miss it.”

          “Thanks,” I say as I take the elevator upstairs. I can feel my heart pounding inside my chest. I’m super nervous for this interview and I’m not sure how I’m going to keep calm through the entire thing. Plus, she’s here, so I will have to do my best not to strangle her.

          I step out as soon the elevator dings! and the door slides open. Taking a deep breath, I march over to where everyone is assembled. I tap Charlotte on the shoulder.

          “Hey!” she gives me a hug. I’ve never seen her so excited.

          “You look great,” I remark. She’s wearing a cute oversized top with black jeggings and purple heels. Her hair falls in place perfectly with the feather earrings she has on.

          “Thanks, you too.”

          “So, how are things?” Charlotte questions me.

           I confided in her last night, as I needed a shoulder to cry on. Caroline was a help, sure, but Charlotte seemed like she would set the facts straight for me.

          I sigh. “It’s okay, I guess. I mean, we have completely ignored each other for 3 days.”

          “Well, things are definitely not okay judging by how you’re telling me this,” she could read my facial expressions so well.

          “I know, I know. But, what am I supposed to do now? I don’t know if I should give him another chance or what?” I reply, distraught suddenly.

          “Not right away. You have to give yourself some space, you know?”

          I’ve been giving myself enough space. I feel so lonely, nowadays. I think to myself.

          “Look, this may seem a bit crazy, but you haven’t gotten Cameron’s side of the story yet, have you?” she inquired.

          “No, I haven’t. It’s just, I’ve never been in this kind of situation so I didn’t know what to do. He won’t stop calling and texting which means he has to care some bit.”

          She puts a hand on my shoulder. “I understand. Just ask him to meet for coffee or something so you guys can talk and set it straight. You don’t want him to tell you later on that you never gave him a chance to say anything.”

          “Right, right.” It seemed logical enough; even though I was still kinda mad at him. But, part of me wanted to talk to him, wanted to see his face, wanted to taste his lips. Okay, that’s enough, Hayley, I told myself.