Chapter 20

Kylie's POV

I picked up my backpack from the ground, and ran after Kris. I saw him at least 15 meters away ahead of me. How could he walk so fast? Damn that long legs of his!

When I reached him, I was already panting. I'm not fit, I know.

I walked beside him, and glanced back at the alley. I saw the police cars park at the side of the road. The police went out of their cars, and ran towards the alley.

I was about to tell Kris that we should tell the police about what happened, but he threw me an irritated look before walking faster, leaving me behind. My mouth fell open, and I narrowed my eyes at him.

What the hell? Is he mad at me?

'No shit, sherlock,' my subconscious retorted.

I groaned, and ran towards Kris. Upon hearing my footsteps, he dashed forward. I looked at him incredulously.

"This is ridiculous," I muttered under my breath, and ran after Kris.

"Kris!" I called, but he kept moving forward. I groaned in frustration.

I can't do this. I'm tired for fuck's sake!

"Are you leaving me alone again?" I yelled once I stopped running, and that made him stop dead in his tracks, almost losing his balance.

I saw his jaw twitched as he gritted his teeth. I slowly walked towards him. I stopped when I was right behind him.

I looked at the ground, and asked, "Are you angry with me?"

And before I knew it, I was pressed up against a wall, and was staring at those mesmerizing grey eyes of his. His face was a few inches away from mine. His hands were on either side of my head. His hot breath was fanning my cheeks.

My eyes widened at the proximity. He's very close! But not like in the school where his body was really pressed against mine. Right now, his body was a few inches away from mine.

My heart was beating erratically again just like in the school when he yanked me. I hope he doesn't hear my heart beating rapidly because of him.

His eyes were like they could pierce through my soul. After a few minutes of staring, he spoke, "I'm not angry with you, Kylie."

He averted his gaze from me. "I..I'm angry with myself."

He took a deep breath then looked directly in my eyes, "I can't believe I let you go alone earlier. I can't believe I did that."

He had this pained expression plastered on his face. He's like a dog that's having a hard time shitting (haha).

It nearly broke my heart seeing him like this. I prefer the arrogant jerk side of him.

I am not used to this kind of Kris. Maybe he's faking this, and was waiting for me to react then laugh at my face?

'How could you, Kylie? How could you question him? It's obvious that he cares about you,' my subconscious said.

I mentally frowned. I looked at Kris in the eyes, but I couldn't see any humor in them. All I can see is sincerity, regret and concern.

He raised his hand, and stroked my cheek. "God! I can't forgive myself if anything bad has happened to you back there."